• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iehooligan11b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Currently: afghanistan
    Hey guys. I was wondering if there were any current or former private military contractors on here that would be willing to help get me in the right direction. I am currently in Afghanistan and will have about a year left on my army contract when I get back from this deployment and would like to get into the field when I get out. If there are any on here and would be willing to give me any advice or pointers into getting into the business or willing to shoot the **** with me about it feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Never a military contractor but KBR tried to recruit me in 2009 to go to Iraq. I'd contact them.

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    I was a contractor mgr when I got out at Ft Iwrin for ITT. Was a great gig, but the money stateside wasnt all that great. Moved to the none Fed govt contracting after that and the money was there. This was all in maintenance and fleet main though.
    For all of you who did a rotation through NTC 1995-98 (was the head track inspector) or 98-2001 just wanted to appoligize if you were held up in returning home... As a contractor I would manage the Armor or Artillery battalion turn ins.

iehooligan11b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Currently: afghanistan
    Kaos, ha yeah I was never armor, light infantry and Stryker. But definitely have been held up a lot during turn ins at Ntc lol. I'm from riverside ca originally though so it wasn't too bad. Got some back home weather while I was there. As far as the contracting I'm looking at security/PSD/convoy security type stuff

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    I work up in Prudhoe Bay and alot of former military work for parnell doing security.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Hey guys. I was wondering if there were any current or former private military contractors on here that would be willing to help get me in the right direction. I am currently in Afghanistan and will have about a year left on my army contract when I get back from this deployment and would like to get into the field when I get out. If there are any on here and would be willing to give me any advice or pointers into getting into the business or willing to shoot the **** with me about it feel free to PM me. Thanks.
    No disrespect to TGT, but you might find more active contractors and industry professionals on M4Carbine.net and other sites.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You could check with MPRI. They had a pretty good record hiring veterans for lots of different jobs. When they got into the security business, they had a few hiccups, especially in Afghanistan.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I'm an ex PSD contractor (Iraq), so PM me any questions you have and I'll try to help. Bear in mind that I'm a Brit and ex South African military, so I can't help you with US military-related questions other than in general terms.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom