• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Me? No, not any more. But, back in the 1900's I rode a lot in the mountains of Virginia, it was during the 1970's. I had several bikes but my favorite was a Yamaha 250MX like the one below. These days, I attribute many of my aches and pains to riding these bikes and bouncing off trees and the ground. Those mountains sure did offer some nice riding, though.

tt1.jpg
    Military Camp

Attachments

• tt1.jpg
      tt1.jpg
      193.8 KB · Views: 488

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Me? No, not any more. But, back in the 1900's I rode a lot in the mountains of Virginia, it was during the 1970's. I had several bikes but my favorite was a Yamaha 250MX like the one below. These days, I attribute many of my aches and pains to riding these bikes and bouncing off trees and the ground. Those mountains sure did offer some nice riding, though.
    View attachment 184584
    Had one like that looked just like that except it was an RD-400 on/off road monster. I took the tank off and put on a larger plastic one (yellow) so I could ride longer. Four gallons vs 2.5 I think. I had a helmet just like one of Kenny Roberts' ones. That beast was powerful enough to get real airborne, and boy did it ever land hard. Weighed a little over 400 lbs. Scarred up my leg one time when my foot slipped off the kickstarter lever and I hit the cleated footpeg. It was hard to start for the first few hundred times then got easier. I once had it up to 80 mph. I was fearless then but now I am old. I ride a 100 Kawasaki in the dirt now.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I've been riding dirt bikes since age 4, 1971. This was the result of an outing last year on Dec 1st.

recovery therefrom is the reason I started reading TexasGunTalk again...

RPW Left Ankle.jpg

I'll never quit riding, but I definitely don't ride MX tracks anymore.
    111.jpg

Attachments

• RPW Left Ankle.jpg
      RPW Left Ankle.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 517
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      23 KB · Views: 514

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Grew up riding my BIL’s CR250 in the early 80’s. Way too much bike for a skinny kid, but I eventually got enough skill to ride the damned thing.

Crashing and recovering got old.
    So we got into stand up jet skis.

Later we got back into the desert scene, but with quads for the sand, and a built SxS everywhere else...then the SxS got replaced with a diesel truck that was built for off-roading. Windows and climate control spoiled us LOL

I don’t see anymore bikes in my future tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have two bikes. A Honda XR70 the kids rode. And a Honda enduro I bought in 91.

My son was really good at it. I took it pretty easy most of the time.

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

View attachment 184584
    FIL still races vintage bikes and we still host races here at the ranch.

If I could some it up in few words as possible- bunch of old kids riding what they grew up on, having just as much fun. It's good to see folks in their 50's 60's and 70's still doing the damn thing.

Our next race is Oct 12th. Open for any folks that wanna come be part of the fun. Please PM me if your interested.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    MX = Not if, but when.

I made it 47 or so years, 36 or so of them on MX tracks, and that was my first broken bone. Granted, it was spectacular, but I promised my wife that it was my last mx track outing. Sold that particular bike before I'd even had surgery (RM450z) but still have a few others.

Do y'all have enduros or hare scrambles, or?

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made it 47 or so years, 36 or so of them on MX tracks, and that was my first broken bone. Granted, it was spectacular, but I promised my wife that it was my last mx track outing. Sold that particular bike before I'd even had surgery (RM450z) but still have a few others.

Do y'all have enduros or hare scrambles, or?
    Yes and yes. My FIL also built a mild MX track. But, mostly enduros.

We host vintage and modern races.

This is ours.

Round 1

Jan. 27th

Red Canyon- Fluvanna, Texas

Restart Format

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Yes and yes. My FIL also built a mild MX track. But, mostly enduros.

We host vintage and modern races.

This is ours.

Round 1

Jan. 27th

Red Canyon- Fluvanna, Texas

Restart Format

HOLY CRAP!!

I've ridden the red canyon enduro twice: 2014 and 2016. I hope to, again one day. Not in the cards for this year, I think.

I'm the guy who rides the TSCEC occasionally on a Drz400s w/turn signals and license plate.

I was the guy that showed up to the Beta demos this year @Fluvanna with the cast on his left leg. They wouldn't let me ride, no matter how much I begged.

Y'all have a very nice property.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom