• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i want a cheap plinker
    it just needs to shoot and not break into a million pieces after a few hundred rounds

i had a p22 and wouldnt mind getting another, but i was just wondering if a pheonix will even function worth a damn to pay the 100 bucks or so for a used one
    Target Sports

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    what was your bad experience
    fte or ftc or ftf or what ive been looking online for reviews for the past couple days and all ive found is good reviews except like 4 bad ones that say it got jammed after 150 rounds or so during break in

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    what was your bad experience
    fte or ftc or ftf or what ive been looking online for reviews for the past couple days and all ive found is good reviews except like 4 bad ones that say it got jammed after 150 rounds or so during break in
    read what you wrote....4 bad reviews that say they jam. those were written because...they jam. they are junk. i wouldnt give you $5 for one. save your money. good reviews probably written by phoenix employee or distributor...lol

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Get a Ruger... I have a Mosquito and while I love Sig, I don't really like that Mosquito. Heavy, gritty trigger with what seems like a ridiculously long reset. Plus it doesnt seem to be as well made as other Sig products.

Have you seen the Beretta 21? If you're looking for a target gun its not for you, but they are a fun little gun. I've got one and everyone likes to shoot the cute little mouse gun...

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    there are way more bad reviews on the p22 and all ive ever found on the mosquito was over priced junk reviews
    my p22 only had a few problems out of the thousands of rounds i put through it. the mosqiutoe a friend had was a total piece of junk and he eventually bought a p22
    the rugers are too big to lug around and too expensive for me to throw around like i would even though they are nice guns
    and the 4 bad reviews on the pheonix was litterly all i found after seeing hundreds of reviews from various forums and gun auctions and today i talked to a few ppl that have acctually owned one none had a single problem after break in of the gun

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    I haven't owned or even fired a Phoenix. This is just some history as I understand it.

First there was Raven Arms. The factory burned down and Raven Arms was sold to company called Phoenix Arms. Phoenix Arms was ran by members of the family that started Raven Arms. Phoenix went out of business and some of the family who was Raven, then Phoenix, started what is now Cobra Arms.

Jennings, Sundance, Bryco and Davis all share a common history with Raven as well. Someone involved with the founding and running of each company has been related to, in the management of or financing of one of the other companies.

If you look up the guns from each company, you'll see they each make guns that look very similar the others. The resemblance is much closer than just what any gun looks like. Some of them look near identical and it's because the designs were bought, sold and copied amongst the companies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    i talked to a few ppl that have acctually owned one none had a single problem after break in of the gun
    Well that's good to hear... I say buy and then let us know how it goes

I disagree with you on the Rugers, tho. You can get the standard 22/45 for around $250 (which is less than I've seen P22s for) and in my opinion the most durable .22 pistol you can get for that price point. Definitely stay away from the Mosquito. I don't like mine at all and that's saying something since I'm a big Sig fan. I'll recommend the Beretta 21 again... It's a great little pocket .22

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I do have a little Phoenix Arms 22. It belonged to my old man and I aquired it from my motherafew years ago. I will keep it but never shoot it, it seems a little to rough for me to fire. I'll dig it out later and get then model number off of it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    there are way more bad reviews on the p22 and all ive ever found on the mosquito was over priced junk reviews
    my p22 only had a few problems out of the thousands of rounds i put through it. the mosqiutoe a friend had was a total piece of junk and he eventually bought a p22
    the rugers are too big to lug around and too expensive for me to throw around like i would even though they are nice guns
    and the 4 bad reviews on the pheonix was litterly all i found after seeing hundreds of reviews from various forums and gun auctions and today i talked to a few ppl that have acctually owned one none had a single problem after break in of the gun
    I have found that those that buy cheap junky guns, rarely admit that they made a mistake....more often they say "Its a GREAT gun, never misfires....dont know why anyone wouldnt want one" when in reality the gun goes bang 65%-85% of the time when you pull the trigger. I would have more respect for them if they said, "Its all I could afford and I just wanted to roll the dice and see how it worked out." If it were as good as or better than the name brand guns, everyone would buy them and not the sigs and the rugers and the walthers.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    its true in some cases
    but look at kel-tec there are still ppl that refuse to even try them out because of their cheap prices
    but in reality they are time tested and proven to be a very reliable fire arm
    shit if they made a small 22 id pick one up. my amt back up was the same way there were reviews saying it was a awesome gun and some saying its the worse thing made
    the one i have has been in my family 20 years and it works flawlessly to this day and i shoot it alot.
    really the only 2 im lookin at is the phoenix and another p22 but since ive had one i kind of wanna look at something different. but ill probably pick up both anyways p22 in white or cf i cant decide yet

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    I'd like to own a Phoenix and something from all the other so called Ring of Fire/Saturday night special/junk gun companies because, for one, it'd be a low cost themed collection. For two, the theme of that collection would be American made guns made by small businesses. My current theme is, "Oh look. A gun."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom