• ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    do chicken/sheep farmers count?? lol

Ive done some farming, mainly peppers, corn, tomatoes. My biggest enemy are the deer, forget the bugs! I have a farm/shooting range/workshop/hunting land out towards goldthwaite 155 acres. I had a neighbor on the other side of my mountain, awhile back he disced some of his land and thats the last time I saw him, now his field is back to the way it was 3 years later.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    My friend had land up in East Tx before she moved to Taiwan and she had some innovative farming ideas... like a rolling chicken coop, move it every couple of days because the chicken poop will nitrate the soil. Just an idea.

Google image search "chicken tractor" for some good pics of these. Great idea.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Doh, forgot to mention. Wife got with the Ag Ext guy, we got it all sorted, thanks guys.

I really really really hope we can get some avocado and hot peppers going. If you aint sweating, you aint eatin!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If you get a chance (in what lil spare time you may find) please post some pics once ya'll get rollin' and good luck

We were out there a couple of weeks ago and took a bunch of pics. Not much on it atm.

Going to skip this year unless the previous owner and I can get a farming deal done real soon. He had a crapload of lien paperwork that delayed the closing by several weeks so my ownership was also delayed. With my current schedule, I won't be able to get back there before the summer heat is in full swing.

However, the delay does give me more time to get a tractor and attachments. Nothing worse than being a desperate buyer,

recon95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Argyle
    Any farmers that would let me come shoot on your land. I will pay to use your land. Looking for something around North Texas/DFW area. Just tired of the ranges and the limitations on how I shoot my guns. If you allow for ATV riding that would be even better!!!

Top Bottom