• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I use to love the arcade video games many years ago.

Get a free software called MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator). It emulates all the electronics of all those classic games. You just need to download the ROM data files which were taken from the actual machines game code and use them in MAME to recreate the game exactly like it plays on the hardware. It can be a little technical to setup but with a little work you can have hundreds of those old school games ready to play just as you remembered them. Lots of old school fun with MAME.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    When I had time to play it was my Xbox one with a few games or pc which is world of Warcraft or Star Wars the old republic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've been enjoying dying light 2 on ps5.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    US
    Xcom is REALLY fun, but hard.. Warhammer Total war is REALLY FREAKING HARD. I have yet to complete a campaign.
    I grew up on rpgs and games like xcom so I guess I am just used to these types of games. I had to log a few hundred hours on Warhammer 2 before I could beat the game on hard/very hard. Still haven't done legendary yet.
    Xcom enemy unknown and enemy within is a good starting point for xcom, xcom 2 seems a lot more punishing even on the mid difficulty levels but the graphics are wayyy better and I actually like that the game is more challenging.
    Check out legend of total war on YouTube, watching his vids helped me a lot with getting better at the TW games

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I grew up on rpgs and games like xcom so I guess I am just used to these types of games. I had to log a few hundred hours on Warhammer 2 before I could beat the game on hard/very hard. Still haven't done legendary yet.
    Xcom enemy unknown and enemy within is a good starting point for xcom, xcom 2 seems a lot more punishing even on the mid difficulty levels but the graphics are wayyy better and I actually like that the game is more challenging.
    Check out legend of total war on YouTube, watching his vids helped me a lot with getting better at the TW games

I started playing CIV and Master of Orion in the early 1990s. I've been playing strategy games for over 30 years. It's not that. These games the computer cheats even more than normal.. and in Xcom there is a funny inside joke in the community. 99% is 0% if its you and 5% is 100% if it's the enemy.

I.E. the computer cheats dude. If you beat it you're exploiting a flaw or you're a savant ;-)

in TW.. I've played ALL of the TW games and never had as much trouble as I've had with WH TW. Part of it is I dont understand WH lore so I have no idea whats good and what sucks.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    US
    MMM
    magic, missiles and monsters. Spam missile units, use magic as much as possible and in certain races monster spam
    And yes the AI cheats are comical especially on higher difficulty. A lot of the battle cheats are just blanket Stat buffs which makes melee infantry basically useless.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I enjoyed Xcom a lot. You guys might like Phantom Doctrine.
    • Set in an alternate timeline during Cold War
    • A well-designed mix of turn-based tactics with stealth
    • A unique take on combat – all standard attacks are guaranteed to hit the target
    • Polished and appealing 3D visuals

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    US
    I enjoyed Xcom a lot. You guys might like Phantom Doctrine.
    • Set in an alternate timeline during Cold War
    • A well-designed mix of turn-based tactics with stealth
    • A unique take on combat – all standard attacks are guaranteed to hit the target
    • Polished and appealing 3D visuals
    Xcom is deeeeply discounted right now on steam. Cheapest I've ever seen it

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Xcom is deeeeply discounted right now on steam. Cheapest I've ever seen it

The original is a lot better, but its hard to run on modern machines. XCOM UFO DEFENSE is one of the best games ever made. It was back in the Microprose days. The new ones aren't bad, but they definitely are not the same game. The turn based tactics are still there, and the BS percentages are still there :D

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    One of the old school strategy games from my DOS days back in the early 90s that I still play to this day.

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

Top Bottom