P1000320.gif
    Venture Surplus ad

Deuce Coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    Glockmeister, you said

"I own only one pistol at the moment, but it's my carry gun. It's a G19 in 9mm. Nothing fancy, just good ol' reliability."

As a carry gun, what have you found to be the most comfortable carry holster.

I have a Glock 19 also.

Pete

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Glockmeister, you said

"I own only one pistol at the moment, but it's my carry gun. It's a G19 in 9mm. Nothing fancy, just good ol' reliability."

I have a Glock 19 also.

Pete
    I carry my 19 in a Comtac Minatour IWB holster.

Works if you have loose pants and untucked shirt.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I have owned a G17, G22C and a G31, all three pistols were great until I had to sell them for a divorce. Currently I own a G21SF that goes everywhere that I do, and is also my first 45ACP chambered weapon, and I love it more than any other pistol that I have ever owned except my also sold S&W 610.

Brad L.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Glockmeister, you said

I have a Glock 19 also.

Pete

I have a G19 as my cool weather carry in a CrossBreed Super Tuck and cannot recommend it enough. Its "forget its there" comfortable.

Just my .02 :)

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I have a G19 and a unfired G26, can't say enough about the reliability of the Glock. Unfortunately there are two kinds of hands in the world, those that fit Glocks and those that don't, guess which category I fit into! I have Dremeled the edge off the finger grooves on the grip and it does fit better. May have a grip reduction performed some day but...........dang those look ugly!

Shriker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    never was a Glock guy.....but after years of carrying other stuff I finally got a G19 and it has been on me ever since.

NO other gun replicates the G19's exact size reliability durability cost simplicity availability etc. Its big enough to shoot well, but small enough to carry well. Its inexpensive and tough so you dont mind carrying it in any conditions. Holds alot of rounds and is dead nuts reliable. Its as light and simple as anything holding 15 rounds of 9mm can be.

Love my .45's but for CCW the G19 is the shiznit....

thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    May have a grip reduction performed some day but...........dang those look ugly!
    The solution is Boresight Solutions, LLC Ben's work looks like it could be factory. I'm about to send this G19 and an M&P to him.

100_0533.jpg

G19
    Warren Tactical 2 Dot Tritium Sights
    Tango Down/Vickers Magazine Release
    TruGrip Tape
    NY1 Spring and 3.5lb Connector
    Scherer Slug Plug
    Surefire X200A

I'm not a fan of getting a gun that works and changing things out just for the sake of having aftermarket parts...though my gun may lead you to a different conclusion about me. The only thing every single owner of a Glock should do is change the sights. My hands dictated the need for a longer magazine release and grip tape. The slug plug helps to both keep crap out of the gun and it acts as a guide of sorts into the mag well. The trigger spring and connector are there because I had a bad habit of staging the trigger which can lead to pulling shots left...with this setup the "second stage" of the Glock trigger is barely noticeable and the overall weight of the pull remains fairly close to stock though the reset is much more positive. The light is because it's a defensive handgun and it's 2010...shot discrimination is still key.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Near Rio Vista, Texas
    IMG_3100.jpg

Glock Model 32.

My first two Glocks were Model 21s. Great guns, but too large for my hands. The next two were both Model 17s. These were a much better fit for my hands, were 100% reliable, and extremely accurate. I'm just not a big fan of the 9mm (personal preference). My current Glock Model 32 is the MOST accurate Glock I've ever owned. It's size is perfect for concealed carry, and I am a BIG fan of the .357 Sig round.

IMG_3101.jpg

This photograph shows the initial 14 rounds fired from my pistol at 45 feet, using a two-handed modified Weaver stance.

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I went to the range a few days ago to rent the Glock 30 to try out for my CCW as I finally got to send my paperwork off for my CHL. I was super impressed by how well I shot with it, and so I came home with a brand new OD one from the Big Town Gun Show this past weekend

My future pocket stuffers :)
    IMG_3084.gif

chopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    I have a glock 17 that is becoming a love/hate thing.
    I love the accuracy but hate the trigger.
    had a ghost 3.5 pound trigger job done on it and now it slamfires so i will be goin back to stock trigger and if i cant get use to the stock trigger it will be for sale of trade.

thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    You don't have to stick with the stock trigger, but do stick to Glock parts.

You can keep the stock trigger spring and simply run a -(3.5lb) connector reliably, but thats stupid light for a defensive pistol. Match that connector up with the NY1(8lb) trigger spring and the overall pull is very similar to stock but you roll much smoother through the second stage. The reset will be stronger, and you also gain extra reliability with the trigger spring as due to the plastic "V" it will continue to run even if the spring itself is broken.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Glock 17. Waiting for the G19 Gen4 to come out. Looking to make it my new carry gun. I have already fired the Gen3 G19 and now when the Gen4s come out I will shoot them. If I don't like the Gen4 I will grab one of the Gen3s.

Top Bottom