Guns International

Any good Army/Navy stores in the DFW area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    I've been looking for one, but can't find one anywhere. There's one in Richardson, but they are totally ripping the Army/Navy name....they are incredibly high.

When I was a kid, the Army/Navy stores were all mil surplus that could be purchased for cheap.

The only ones I've seen (like the one in Richardson) are basically dealers for all the big dogs (Blackhawk, Serpa, Maxpedition, etc.).

Anyone know where I can find some good army surplus gear?
    Lynx Defense

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    If you want to drive, or happen to be driving through Abilene, there's a pretty good one there. The guy that runs it is helpful, but I wouldn't go to him about gun stuff. He appears to have a FFL and has a couple (like, less than 10) guns in the store, but he's got tons of uniforms, packs, ammo cans, etc.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Theres Omaha's on White Settlement rd in FTWorth. I havent been in there in a long time so I couldnt tell you what the prices are like.

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    Definitely Omaha's on White Settlement. It's been there since the mid-60's and has the wonderful Army/Navy store smell! Always has mil surp gear and not only U.S. but many NATO countries as well. You can get a good idea of their selection on their website.

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    Theres Omaha's on White Settlement rd in FTWorth. I havent been in there in a long time so I couldnt tell you what the prices are like.

+1 There is alot of stuff there and mostly real surplus, not that Chinese knock-off stuff. As far as the price goes, it's reasonable although the knock-off stuff is cheaper.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    I've been to Porters. It's worth rummaging around in. They do have a good bit of non military surplus stuff that just looks military-ish.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Porters army navy is great i've known the owner my whole life i went to school with his kids from beginning to end. great store fair prices, plus if your looking for something that you cant find just ask and they will order it for you.

Top Bottom