• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Operators Edge is near you & they had some Tucker holsters, comptac and some others. Pro-Defense in Webster has a lot of holsters, Hoffner's, Galco.

I suggest you call and find out what they have in store to fit your pistol. But, you may get an idea of how well a certain model holster will fit you (ride, cant, etc...) even if it is not one specifically for your gun.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Collector's Firearms seems to have a decent holster selection compared to many stores. They may be a bit far for you as they're in SW Houston.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I see from Google Maps that Collector's Firearms is near Top Gun Range. That might be a trip worth taking. I could kill two birds with one round.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Tucker being out of Houston it makes sense they have some retail presence there considering the wait time for orders.

However, besides Tucker, you might find top lone holsters missing in retail stores, making way for mass producers like Galco.

If you want truly great custom leather it'll take some time and waiting for months unless you get lucky. Coal Creek Armory (www.coalcreekarmory.com) stocks Brommeland's and Lightning Arms (www.lightningarms.com) carries several high end customs like Sparks, Alessi and Del Fatti. They being retail, sell for a few $$$'s more than ordering direct, but you won't have the 6 month wait like you will from Sparks, or 1-2 year wait from Alessi etc.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I made a visit to Operators Edge. It's near to where I live. It is a small place and the two salesmen were friendly. After having a talk about what I needed, I ordered a Tucker holster IWB. So that will be the second of my holster collection. It will by my concealed carry holster. I hope it is ready by the time my CHL arrives. My third holster will be something more suited to tatical shooting. I've ordered it through Shiloh shooting range.

I also looked at some carry shirts and pants. Operators Edge has the Woolrich line. I didn't know that Woolrich has so much stuff. It's good to have a place like that so close to my house.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

In "the for what it's worth department": An outfit called "hardtofindholsters" on www.ebay.com currently has "the leftovers" from DON HUME LEATHER for sale at DEEP discounts.

Just last week I bought a "new old stock", left-hand, Don Hume OTB holster to fit my Sig-Sauer P225 for 18.oo including S&H from them, that retailed for 80.oo plus tax/S&H from Don Hume, about 2 years ago. = It's BEAUTIFUL quality.
    (NOPE. I don't work for the ebay-vendor; I'm just a satisfied customer.)

yours, satx

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I use ebay for all my holsters. Trusted brands that will not disappoint are Alessi, Kramer, and Milt Sparks.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Southpaw,

My "brother-of-the-heart" called me this evening about 2100hrs & said that he received his basket-weave OTB holster for his Colt's GM from the same vendor for 20.oo delivered & said, "I'm pleased clear down to the ground."
    ("Little brother", is btw 5' 9"/235# & a LOT "pickier" about such things than I am. = That was, I think I remember, an >100.oo holster when Don Hume was still open.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom