• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hilldweller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Hi all. I have been away from this forum for a long time, look forward to getting back with it! I was wondering if there are any M1A rifle shooters/fans in the San Antonio area? I sold my Springfield Armory M1A standard to a good friend about ten years ago, and it will be returning to me shortly. just starting to get together all the things needed to clean and maintain it. so, not a total newbie, but basically starting all over again. sort of on the fence about whether to keep & the Standard or trading it in on a M1A Scout Squad. would love to hear any opinions/thoughts/advice about this. thanks!!!!!
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

hilldweller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    yeah, I looked at the Socom, but I really have an itch for a Scout. I think any one of those three versions would be a good rifle though. do you have any optics on your Socom? whichever way I go, it is going to be for casual recreational shooting. thanks!

hilldweller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    yup, thinking I am gonna stay with my Standard, a bipod attachment bracket, a Harris bipod and a good solid scope mounting bracket are upcoming as my meager budget allows. and maybe a National match front sight. that should do it for me!

Top Bottom