Join TexasGunTalk

Any OCers (OpenCarriers) in ELP...beside me?

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by BillRedding, Jan 29, 2017.

1. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)

Yes, I have heard that the LCPII is a clear improvement over the LCP "I" so if I were going to get a LCP presently, it'd be the II over a new/used "I" model.

My .380ACP BUG is a Sig-Sauer P238.

-- BR

2. tC_Matt

tC_Matt Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I wish I was closer. I live in taylor snd it's a long drive for me lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    tC_Matt,

Yes, it's a bit of a drive, but it's not until Sunday so you COULD make it, yes? Heck, Google Earth says "it's only 598 miles @ 8hours & 51 minutes." ;-)

But really, tell me about long drives: When I lived in Galveston (2008-2013), I'd make yearly "Christmas trips" back to El Paso and ABQ to visit friends & family. Yes, a VERY long (and often boring scenery-wise) round trip.

Did the same when I lived in Colorado Springs, CO, and that trip was not whole lot shorter mileage-wise.

Seriously though: Why not look into having "CC Get-Togethers" in YOUR location? You don't HAVE to do OC events, and there's no reason people who exclusively CC can't get a regular (monthly?) get-together going.

Besides, hardly anyone OCs anyway (something I AM trying to change) but there should be lots of CCers around in Taylor who could attend your events (or CCers here in ELP) if they want to.

I encourage every member of Texas Gun Talk to think about being the "activist" (vs. doing nothing) and get SOME sort of get-together -- preferably on a regular basis -- wherever they live. IMO, we need to be more engaged in "the cause" (pro-gun agenda/RKBA/2nd Amendment/Self-Defense issues) and it helps if you don't feel like you're all alone/Lone Wolf doing it. Too many "gun-owners" (besides the fact that most "gun-owners" are liberals) do absolutely nothing except read/post in forums (if even THAT much).

DOING something locally, ANYTHING, would be a major improvement -- and would help ALL of us "gun people" collectively.

Regards,

-- BR

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  4. kirk10100

kirk10100 Active Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I will be on a hike this Sunday but please post for next get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    "We" have the location info: Village Inn (Montana & Airways).

As already stated, it's this coming Sunday @ 2:00pm...and despite the "serious" winds the weather people are predicting for the weekend.

kirk10100,

Sorry you can't make this one. As for the next one, I can't now say there will or won't be a "next one" as it depends on how this one goes. ;-)

Later then,

-- BR