Any of you old fogies still using AOL like me?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Video Games' started by AustinN4, Jun 11, 2017.

1. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Corrections:

Once again, if you are using the AOL browser (software), it will be $4.99 a month for the new AOL Gold browser.

If you don't convert to AOL Gold your old AOL browser (software) will not allow you to receive and send email, or act like a browser, but it will still read the old email you have stored on the old software in the Personal Filing Cabinet.

If you are using the AOL email with another browser other than AOL it will still work and be free, and you will be able to receive and send with your AOL email address.

https://help.aol.com/articles/what-happens-to-my-email-if-i-do-not-upgrade-to-aol-desktop-gold

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. easy rider

easy rider TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That sucks, but then so does AOL.

3. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    The worm has turned. You will IMHO see more pay sites and Email portals that charge. In exchange you will receive the feeling that the pay service is more private. It's like having ADT security. They protect you from nothing and they are liable for nothing. They are easy to beat and the government already has easy access. The internet is becoming the world wide "big brother." The people that want to protect you are not who the seem to be.

4. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    I didn't even know AOL still existed. I thought it died along with the dodo bird.