• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I use to have a 2006 TJ that I offroaded with when I lived in New Mexico. Then I moved to SATX. Sold the off road toys because I couldn't find anywhere decent to go. When to hidden falls a few times but its just not the same. Same thing happened with fishing and hunting. Just isn't the same or enjoyable here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Remember only a suicidal fool uses tow chains to get unstuck. They will break and you will be lucky to survive intact if in line.

That is all.

I miss my 86 K5 Blazer. I really miss unsticking jeeps.

Just sayin.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    My first Jeep we did some wheeling & mudding. It was an 04 Unlimted...wish i still had it.
    IMG_0412.jpg

I did some wheeling today. The mulcher guy got brave & went to the bottom of the dry creek. Once he got to the bottom, he couldn't get back up. So first i tried my tractor... only 30hp, but is 4x4, with no luck. So went & grabbded the Rubicon, first tried in 4low with lockers & just dug down. Then winched to a tree & hit the skinny petal & got him out. The pictures don't make the incline look as steep as it is. Its a steady slope, then drops about 7', the whole skid steer was down at the bottom.
    20200921_143803.jpg

20200921_143819.jpg

There's a couple spots that are gradual sloping & i started a rock base in one area to cross to the back of the property.

20200919_164111.jpg

Once i throw a lift & tires ill probably go to Gilmer since its only an hour away now....Vs. 4hrs before the move.

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’ve read about Hidden Falls. I hope to make it there soon. I also hope to make it to the Big Bend area. It looks to be a good adventure as well.

I haven’t been to Bridgeport yet but that may happen real soon. It looks to be a muddy place after rain. I avoid the all out mud crawl. I just hate the massive clean up and general wear & tear that comes from mud. I need a different tire for mud as well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    My first Jeep we did some wheeling & mudding. It was an 04 Unlimted...wish i still had it.
    View attachment 227893

Yep, best modern Jeep made! I have a 2005!

1600804672858.png

We did the Overland Route a few months back, it's scenic but don't get your hopes up. With a few exceptions, we could have run it in my wife's CX-5 with street tires. It's essentially a longer Willow City Loop!

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Yep, best modern Jeep made! I have a 2005!

View attachment 227976

The blue looks good... but not better than silver :p

Agreed, the only thing Jeep could have did better was have a V8 option for 97's-06's

Ive always loved the Scramblers, so when the Unlimiteds came out, i had to have one. A buddy of mine had a vinyl shop & i had "SCRAMBLER II" put on the sides of the hood.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The blue looks good... but not better than silver :p

Agreed, the only thing Jeep could have did better was have a V8 option for 97's-06's

Ive always loved the Scramblers, so when the Unlimiteds came out, i had to have one. A buddy of mine had a vinyl shop & i had "SCRAMBLER II" put on the sides of the hood.

You weren’t a fan of the 4.0 inline-6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    You weren’t a fan of the 4.0 inline-6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its ok for a stock Jeep, but once you throw 35's & 6" lift its a turd without regearing on the highway. Offroad in low it wasnt too bad. I never regeared it, but always wanted to do a V8 swap with 1ton axles, long arm & coil overs with 4.88s & bump up to 38s.

Top Bottom