• ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    3a8a0aab511c96722cd68463d594b37b.jpg

f507468789d6765ca56cf85645955cdb.jpg

Just got done putting gears and lockers in it. Waiting on my rocker guards to come in then it’s time to hit the rocks. Not much on mud unless it’s with a purpose like getting to the deer blind or the kill. Rocks is where it’s at. No cleanup after a day of wheeling.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I just sold my Bronco a few weeks ago. I loved rock crawling in it.

Katemcy & Clayton, were my favorites, but I also went a bunch of other places

Now I’m down to just quads. We go to Arkansas and hit some of the trails there. Tons to ride. Mena is a favorite destination.

I’ve always been just awful about documenting trips. I am too busy having fun to take any pictures. I’d rather be driving.

94541c85765166a00ac59ebd0a77b2ea.jpg

42b27358c3f79e831af7527bcb905326.jpg

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    How do you like your ARB awning? We get a lot of use out of mine, I've even worked a job site in the rain with it set up.
    I get a lot of use out of it, and I have no complaints! I did wire up a weatherproof LED strip in the channel where the awning supports fold into...made a quick detach pigtail to run power from the rig to the awning so that I have low voltage draw lighting on tap at all times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I just sold my Bronco a few weeks ago. I loved rock crawling in it.

Katemcy & Clayton, were my favorites, but I also went a bunch of other places

Now I’m down to just quads. We go to Arkansas and hit some of the trails there. Tons to ride. Mena is a favorite destination.

I’ve always been just awful about documenting trips. I am too busy having fun to take any pictures. I’d rather be driving.

94541c85765166a00ac59ebd0a77b2ea.jpg

42b27358c3f79e831af7527bcb905326.jpg

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Slow off-roading is new to me.

We had quads for the sand dunes and they were amazing. But they were terrible everywhere else in the high-speed desert...they beat you up, especially the whoops. And the desert is all whoops. And this was with a long travel suspension that wasn’t cheap.

But I could totally get into a quads in places like your pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Yep, best modern Jeep made! I have a 2005!

View attachment 227976

We did the Overland Route a few months back, it's scenic but don't get your hopes up. With a few exceptions, we could have run it in my wife's CX-5 with street tires. It's essentially a longer Willow City Loop!

Yep, just use my for overland mostly or running naked.

thumbnail.jpg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If I were to ever get into off-road again, it would be something like trails, or rock climbing.

One type of off-road racing I use to enjoy watching was the Baja style of desert racing. Now that looked like some serious fun.
    Desert racing is a blast. I dabble in it in the moto class.

Check out Texas Desert Racing Assoc. They are great folks and several of their races are at Texana Ranch near Blackwell so you race amongst Zebra, Wildebeest, sundry ungulates and other exotics. It's pretty fun even to just hang out in the pits.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Here is my 2004 Land Rover Discovery II.

Just got back this very evening from a 22-day, 2500mi trip in the mountains of Northern NM and SW CO with the wife and two kids.
    4d981a73b6bb0cc5f50e00ab5eedefaa.jpg
    ccd12f9b7efbadec375567c19326ef6f.jpg

Man that’s our happy place. How were the trails? We heard Ouray & Silverton areas were busy & campground were full?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Man that’s our happy place. How were the trails? We heard Ouray & Silverton areas were busy & campground were full?
    We didn't have trouble finding camping space in the National Forests, but there were a lot of people out. Archery and Muzzleloader season, on top of the normal jeepers.

The trails were a bit snowed under the 2nd half of week #1, but weeks 2 and 3 were PERFECT. The Disco would walk up about anything and the sunsets were all incredible. It left me in true awe of the beauty of God's creation.

It was interesting to see how each town was with masks. Telluride and all of NM were straight up mask ninnies, but many of the businesses in smaller towns in CO all had signs saying they would assume you have a medical reason for not wearing a mask and wouldn't ask why.

I wish Texas had kept the portions that became NM and CO, that was the best part.
    859d35d9103ebed07bf48265976eb2ee.jpg
    db72dd93b8ac8f8ef3c0cb3055f44973.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We didn't have trouble finding camping space in the National Forests, but there were a lot of people out. Archery and Muzzleloader season, on top of the normal jeepers.

The trails were a bit snowed under the 2nd half of week #1, but weeks 2 and 3 were PERFECT. The Disco would walk up about anything and the sunsets were all incredible. It left me in true awe of the beauty of God's creation.

It was interesting to see how each town was with masks. Telluride and all of NM were straight up mask ninnies, but many of the businesses in smaller towns in CO all had signs saying they would assume you have a medical reason for not wearing a mask and wouldn't ask why.

I wish Texas had kept the portions that became NM and CO, that was the best part.
    859d35d9103ebed07bf48265976eb2ee.jpg
    db72dd93b8ac8f8ef3c0cb3055f44973.jpg

Love the sign!

Some beautiful scenery!

Top Bottom