• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I'm looking for a few AR500 steel targets.

Is there a local source as in the DFW, Houston or San Antonio area?

I would settle for a friendly fab shop that can laser or plasma cut some 3/8 and 1/2 steel.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    Pretty much any sheet-metal shop should be able to do it: you buy the steel, they can probably tell you where to start looking, then just draw up what you want: CNC plasma cutters are everywhere now..

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Most of my steel has come from Jerry at handgunsports.com. He's up in Melissa, but he keeps most everything in stock. I'll usually just call him and pick up a new target if I'm going to be in the area.

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    It's also very hard (it seems like) for a body to find a simple 12" x 12" x 1" steel plate to do hydraulic press work with, too. I've seen YouTube videos of people saying they went to scrap yards and got handed a stack of them for free, but darn it if I'm not looking in the right spot. v.v

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    It's also very hard (it seems like) for a body to find a simple 12" x 12" x 1" steel plate to do hydraulic press work with, too. I've seen YouTube videos of people saying they went to scrap yards and got handed a stack of them for free, but darn it if I'm not looking in the right spot. v.v
    Call up steel supply places and ask if they've got a surplus yard. It'll be odd sizes, pieces with a bent end, stuff like that which they sell for right around scrap value (per lb.). Normally, the same facility will have torches, etc. in the yard to whack off whatever you want if it comes down to it: they may charge you a little bit for the cut, but it's generally very reasonable.

Top Bottom