APOD Firearms

Any other folks from 281-Bitters area on here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    What happened at the Bullethole? I've never been but have heard a few horror stories about it.

History of poor range management, rude employees, failure to enforce basic firearms safety rules, etc., etc.

The original owner (Vern?) ran the place pretty well, but he died some time ago and it has become a haven for gangbangers and other incompetent jackasses.

I worked with a guy who bought a family pass every year and shot weekly there until one day the current owner (Vern's wife?) came out and told him he could no longer collect his brass for reloading. She said all the brass belonged to the range once it hit the floor. He explained he was only picking up the brass he shot, but she said that didn't matter, it was hers. He packed his gear up and never returned.

TK6411

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    I live at 410 and Airport area relatively close to 281/Bitters. Let me know what's going on as I am always up for some range time. I am a member of Nardis but will go to just about any range.

jbayless71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm up for a range visit this weekend ... need to shoot some pistols. Only two outdoor ranges I actually avoid are Bracken (because of per-gun, per target fees) and Bullethole (now that they do not want me picking up my own brass). I'm not a big fan of the indoor ranges ... tend to be pricey. I might join Nardis if they ever actually build that range on 1604.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm up for a range visit this weekend ... need to shoot some pistols. Only two outdoor ranges I actually avoid are Bracken (because of per-gun, per target fees) and Bullethole (now that they do not want me picking up my own brass). I'm not a big fan of the indoor ranges ... tend to be pricey. I might join Nardis if they ever actually build that range on 1604.

Waiting for the 1604 one as well.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    What's this shooting stuff you're talking about.
    All we do is talk about BOS, and carrying without a license in the car...
    I was just seeing if anyone in the satx area was heading to the range today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I was just seeing if anyone in the satx area was heading to the range today.

Hectic weekend and coming week. If I'm not totally done in by this week, I'll be going this coming Saturday. And, if I am totally done in, then the following Saturday.

I had such fun going to Lone Star 2 Saturdays in a row. I would like to try to make a habit of it.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Went to cedar ridge for the 1st time yesterday. Sighted in my 10/22 TD, charger, and RAR all in .22lr. It's very convenient for me.

Top Bottom