• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Nice rifle for Moonpie.
    I have a standard model 93 synthetic stock. Really fun to shoot. So far the ammo it likes the best is Winchester jacketed hollow points.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Probably gonna go with the Burris Signature Zee rings.

Signature Zee's are good rings, especially if you need the MOA offset inserts. Get the Rimfire version so you can loose the additional scope mounts and mount the rings directly to the receiver. That gives you more leeway for fore/aft adjustments as well.

Just DO NOT follow the printed instructions for the torque values. They are listed as 30 in/lb for the scope/ring screws and 60 in/lb for the ring/receiver screws. Correct values are 20 and 30 respectively.

Edit to add... I have an extra set of brand-new Zee rings in the gear closet that I wouldn't mind finding a new home. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Signature Zee's are good rings, especially if you need the MOA offset inserts. Get the Rimfire version so you can loose the additional scope mounts and mount the rings directly to the receiver. That gives you more leeway for fore/aft adjustments as well.

Just DO NOT follow the printed instructions for the torque values. They are listed as 30 in/lb for the scope/ring screws and 60 in/lb for the ring/receiver screws. Correct values are 20 and 30 respectively.

Edit to add... I have an extra set of brand-new Zee rings in the gear closet that I wouldn't mind finding a new home. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer but I've already ordered new rings and a base.
    Went with the EGW base because it is a Weaver rail type so there is more flexibility on forward/rearward setting than the one slot factory bases.
    This also gives some additional height. Along with the high rings the scope should fit.

I'm wondering if this rifle should get the full blown break-in or just go to shootng?

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I'm wondering if this rifle should get the full blown break-in or just go to shootng?

I've never had a 22 Mag rifle but my guess is treat it like a rimfire rifle: make sure the bore is cleaned out from any factory/shipping schmutz and just shoot it.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I have a 93 in 17hmr. It's a great shooter. I put an EGW picatiny rail on it instead of the 2 piece set. I use a bore snake for cleaning and it's a 1 moa gun.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have a 93 in 17hmr. It's a great shooter. I put an EGW picatiny rail on it instead of the 2 piece set. I use a bore snake for cleaning and it's a 1 moa gun.

lack of pictures.jpg

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I don't want to piss off the Vader meme.
    This is the only one I have now. It's the top one. Below it is a Savage MKII, Marlin 60, Ruger 10/22, Savage 12LRP. This is right after I had all my rimfires threaded. The MKII is my daughters so I have modified the stock to fit her.

Go8wuLl.jpg

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Thanks for the offer but I've already ordered new rings and a base.
    Went with the EGW base because it is a Weaver rail type so there is more flexibility on forward/rearward setting than the one slot factory bases.
    This also gives some additional height. Along with the high rings the scope should fit.

I never break anything in. I just shoot as normal.

Top Bottom