• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I think I want a SKS so I'm starting to study up on them. I'm thinking Norinco or Russian if I can find them. Other than gun shows, does anyone have any leads?
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just note that a Russian is gonna cost a bit more, usually Yugos and/or Norincos can be had in the $300-350 range; whereas Russians run about a hundred bucks more...

Cheers! M2

Swede

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ft. Worth
    SKS prices are going up, up, up. Reminds me a bit of the time when you could buy pallets of M-1 carbines for $99 each. They couldn't give them away, then the prices began to rise. Snooze = lose. I may need to pick one up.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I have been fooling around gunbroker for several weeks. Just bought a Chinese one with all matching #s for $250 + shipping.

If you have some patience, you could pick up a hack job for ~$200, Chinese for ~$250, Yugo ~$300, Russian ~$400.

The Yugos don't have a chrome lined barrel which I dont care about, but they also have the lame looking grenade launcher thing that I don't like.

IMO get matching #s in case you want to sell it. If you are collecting vs shooting, go Russian or the rarer Romanian or Albanian ones. My guess is that they will increase in value more as there is no rarity to the Chinese or Yugo.

I bought it to shoot, so saving $150 off the cost of a russian makes sense for me.

SKS prices are going up, up, up. Reminds me a bit of the time when you could buy pallets of M-1 carbines for $99 each. They couldn't give them away, then the prices began to rise. Snooze = lose. I may need to pick one up.

I'd love an M1 carbine $99 each makes me cry. Decent milspec ones now are $700+

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    The hunt is over. I picked up a 1953 Russian SKS locally with matching serial numbers for $375.

DSCN1562.gif

DSCN1561.gif

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    yeah that is a good price now but back in 2004 I picked up mine for $99 from a gun shop, if I would have known how much they would have increased i would have bought 10 or more lol but good find kurt

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom