• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tried again last night. This time using a 300mm lens around F/7 and around 200 1.3 second exposures.

922481ffef39f8d57834fc279cb5e502.jpg

Tried Andromeda but the sky was a little to bright to catch the dimmer areas. May work with it a little more and see if I can pull something out of it but it’s mostly just the bright core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Tried again last night. This time using a 300mm lens around F/7 and around 200 1.3 second exposures.

922481ffef39f8d57834fc279cb5e502.jpg

Tried Andromeda but the sky was a little to bright to catch the dimmer areas. May work with it a little more and see if I can pull something out of it but it’s mostly just the bright core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reminds me of The Andromeda Strain, although it was an illness brought back from a satellite, it also makes me think of COVID.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I've always been interested in the stars. Had a really nice telescope but through the years neighbors have installed lights in their backyard. Anyway taking out the garbage the other day in the east/south I saw a really bright object. Got in and googled it, Sirius star.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Link didn’t go to an article, just a homepage. Maybe I did it wrong.

James Webb is pretty amazing though, both in how it works and it’s method of orbiting an empty point in space.
    Hmm - weird. From my home computer, it definitely took me to the article with various video links. It is from one of my engineering magazines I'm subscribed too though. It had a pretty detailed analysis of what they did to align the 18 mirrors - pretty interesting.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The Webb telescope is an amazing feat of engineering......have been following all the updates on it......

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Giving serious thought to procuring an 8-inch Dobsonian. My 60X cheapo spotting scope does a decent job for the moon and I can see a couple of Jupiter's moons as small dots right next to a bigger dot but that's the limit.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've always been interested in the stars. Had a really nice telescope but through the years neighbors have installed lights in their backyard. Anyway taking out the garbage the other day in the east/south I saw a really bright object. Got in and googled it, Sirius star.
    I like to use the Google SkyMap app on my phone. You just hold your phone up in the direction of the object and the app will tell you what it is. Good for planets, constellations, etc.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Giving serious thought to procuring an 8-inch Dobsonian. My 60X cheapo spotting scope does a decent job for the moon and I can see a couple of Jupiter's moons as small dots right next to a bigger dot but that's the limit.

Careful, it can get dangerous.

I started with a little cheapo Walmart style refractor, then went to a Celestron Powerseeker 127, then one night I was able to make out the different cloud bands on Jupiter just barely, so I bought a 10” reflector.

Now I’m making plans for eventually having a 16” in a back yard observatory, lol.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    it is a hobby that is as bad as photography and firearms on the bank account and credit cards. Good glass costs money. At least the Schmidt-Cassagrains aren’t huge in size so you don’t need a ladder. next thing you know is that you will be looking into astrophotography thus combining 2 expensive hobbies.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    This is an excellent website for what is currently up in the sky.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had a Celestron ST-160 (I think that model) with computerized motor. Digital 35mm camera and attachment. Had some cool pics, especially Saturn, lost all my pics when computer died. I know I should have backed them up.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I had a Celestron ST-160 (I think that model) with computerized motor. Digital 35mm camera and attachment. Had some cool pics, especially Saturn, lost all my pics when computer died. I know I should have backed them up.

Have you tried pulling the hard drive and using a dock plugged into another computer to read it?

Unless the drive it self is toast, you might be able to recover something. I had a pc with Lightroom on it and numerous catalogs of images. The PC crashed. My data was on a second drive. The OS drive was toast. The data drive stilled worked and I was able to recover the catalogs to import into my current version of Lightroom.

The dock is a usb device that has a slot for 1 or more bare hard drives. Just insert the drive and it mounts for access. It is great for backups or stand by storage.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Have you tried pulling the hard drive and using a dock plugged into another computer to read it?

Unless the drive it self is toast, you might be able to recover something. I had a pc with Lightroom on it and numerous catalogs of images. The PC crashed. My data was on a second drive. The OS drive was toast. The data drive stilled worked and I was able to recover the catalogs to import into my current version of Lightroom.

The dock is a usb device that has a slot for 1 or more bare hard drives. Just insert the drive and it mounts for access. It is great for backups or stand by storage.
    Oh yeah toast, took out hard drive and gave it to a guy to retrieve any data.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom