• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How much exposure time did she have in that nebula? Definitely takes a lot of patience to get something out of DSOs.

Great photos. The last one looks like a face peering down on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's only a picture of Orion. She added color in PS. She got mad because she said it wasn't her good one.

This is a picture of it with zoom and color added in PS.
    Orions Nebua 2.jpg

Attachments

• Orions Nebua 2.jpg
      Orions Nebua 2.jpg
      375.9 KB · Views: 549

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's only a picture of Orion. She added color in PS. She got mad because she said it wasn't her good one.

This is a picture of it with zoom and color added in PS.
    View attachment 179584

Did she actually add color of just increase the saturation? Usually it can be “brought out” while using the natural colors that are already there.

It’s been clouds since the warm front moved through so I’ve been working on ways to improve my odds of getting good pics. I’ll never get anything like your wife has done with DSOs but may be able to clear up planetary and lunar images.

Downloaded some software from Canon so I can use my computer for the live view and shutter control. Should make focusing much easier and I can get away from setting the timer to avoid camera shake while trying to lead the planet just right so it’s in frame when the shutter opens.

I just don’t have enough ISO control on that camera to use it for video

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did she actually add color of just increase the saturation? Usually it can be “brought out” while using the natural colors that are already there.

It’s been clouds since the warm front moved through so I’ve been working on ways to improve my odds of getting good pics. I’ll never get anything like your wife has done with DSOs but may be able to clear up planetary and lunar images.

Downloaded some software from Canon so I can use my computer for the live view and shutter control. Should make focusing much easier and I can get away from setting the timer to avoid camera shake while trying to lead the planet just right so it’s in frame when the shutter opens.

I just don’t have enough ISO control on that camera to use it for video

Ok, lets start over. I was wrong about how she took the picture. My apologies.

This is her set up for Orion.

Mount: https://www.ioptron.com/product-p/3550a.htm

Camera: Canon Rebel 7- If I remember right....

Lens:https://www.amazon.com/Sigma-150-600mm-5-6-3-Contemporary-Canon/dp/B00THOYRN6

She said "Camera setting Bulb with a wireless remote to reduce shaking. Left bulb open for 20-30sec. I did a little bit of saturation to help bring out the colors a bit more."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Couldn’t get enough pictures fast enough to beat Jupiter’s rotation for high resolution stacking. Did get a few good short exposures though.

ab0fb65572acc813af2a1fde857d3d13.jpg

Attachments

• ab0fb65572acc813af2a1fde857d3d13.jpg
      ab0fb65572acc813af2a1fde857d3d13.jpg
      4.6 KB · Views: 531

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those long exposure shots look great. Tons more work goes in to something like that compared to planetary.

I’ve seen some shots of nebulas with well over an hour of exposure.

Top Bottom