• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have a thread on Cloudy Nights about Rona. It’s a bunch of retired engineers, teachers, etc. spewing a bunch of the lies the MSM told them. I made a lengthy post using my 25 plus years of actual frontline medical experience (22 in ER). They proceeded to tell me that I was a conspiracy theorist and troll. Then I got banned after being on there for 9 years lol.
    I just got a new mirror for my Dob that I’ll get under the stars tonight.
    I didn’t even click on the rona thread. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Cool deal on the mirror. Hope for clear skies for ya. I plan to go out again tonight myself
    Hurley's Gold

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Managed to figure out the new mount this weekend. Many beers, a few cigars and cussing. We'll take it for the first time out. Wife was the camera woman. I was the scope man.

294A7627.jpg

294A7627.jpg
    294A7630s.jpg
    294A7656.jpg
    294A7695.jpg
    294A7779s.jpg
    294A7796.jpg
    294A7802.jpg
    294A7813.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A buddy of mine has a gigantic one with several lenses. Its on a motorized pivot thingy that is tied to a program on his laptop. The program moves the telescope to the correct position to view whatever stars/constellation you want to look at. I've seen some amazing stuff on that thing.

The link below is the one, but his mount is different.

Meade LX200

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A buddy of mine has a gigantic one with several lenses. Its on a motorized pivot thingy that is tied to a program on his laptop. The program moves the telescope to the correct position to view whatever stars/constellation you want to look at. I've seen some amazing stuff on that thing.

The link below is the one, but his mount is different.

Meade LX200

The 16" are freakishly big! It's my dream tube. But no way I'd own one without a backyard observatory.

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    That stuff is way too small to see with any amateur scope. My 10” scope can only resolve things that are about 1/3 of a mile in size.

I went to Hayden Planetarium in NYC 3 times when I was younger but every time I went there was an overcast. Then I went to the observatory in Big Bend a few years ago and guess what? More overcast. Lmao

I’ve always been fascinated by astronomy but never could afford the good stuff and living in places like NYC, Houston, and Miami it was not worth it because of the lights :(

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I went to Hayden Planetarium in NYC 3 times when I was younger but every time I went there was an overcast. Then I went to the observatory in Big Bend a few years ago and guess what? More overcast. Lmao

I’ve always been fascinated by astronomy but never could afford the good stuff and living in places like NYC, Houston, and Miami it was not worth it because of the lights :(
    Yes I live in Katy, I had a Celestron telescope and with neighbors adding backyard lighting I sold all my equipment.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    No earthbound telescope can do that. Even with one arcsecond seeing, that equates to a resolution of 1.45 miles at Moon distance.

Well according to some movies and TV shows, all you need to do is repeatedly press the “enhance” button, and you can zoom in on a gnat’s ass on Mars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Took my wife’s new camera out last night to ply around. First time trying for any kind of DSO like this.

Used a Cannon R6, 50mm prime, 3.2 sec exp, iso 800, f1.8. Got about 6.5 minutes of total exposure time along with 10 dark frames.

e5b1d8fb5ee8a801ea10c36702b5b3e9.jpg

Orion, Flame, and Running Man nebula are visible. Not great, but not bad for a first attempt.

Tried getting some using the telescope but I was having some focus issues. Figured out a locking ring had gotten loose on my Barlow lens but was about done when I noticed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom