• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 4, 2008
    I have the g2 contender 45-70 rifle.I was looking at a handgun made by them but it was sold before I could buy it.

txpete

Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    I'll bet that 45/70 has a thump to it:).I have a 357 max and 30-30 barrels for the G-2 rifle.the G-2 pistol frame I am waiting on 2 in the mail.a 12" 357 mag and a 10" 223.the 223 should be a flame thrower.I am planning on hunting this year with them.
    pete

texaspartsman

Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    I have a 7mm magnum encore. Have the rings and the scope for it. Everytime I think about putting them together and heading to the range my shoulder starts hurting. Had it 2 years and haven't fired a round yet.

Gpz1100

Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    I put a JP howitzer style brake on the 358 and the 308. Too many years on blood pressure meds have left me with skin as thin as paper. Even with shooting gloves I'd still end up with a cut. The 22-250 and the 250-3000 have T/C muzzle tamers.

ducksps

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I love my encore

I picked up an encore and ordered a fluted barrel from Match Grade Machine (MGM) in .223 with A2 flash hider. My scope is a Nikon 2-8 and i mounted a Harris Bipod. The darn thing will hold a minute at 100yards using decent ammo.

I'm getting excited about reloading and seeing what happens when i learn to shoot. I've started testing with an old AAC Omni suppressor as time permits. I believe a new can and a proper load will make this a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon at the farm. I have a ding in my current .223 can from a mishap so the crown is not perfect for accuracy.

Chris

Gpz1100

Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    i figured i'd bring this thread back to life...

i got a "new to me" 7mm-08 12" on the way.
    small world, getting it from the same person that sold me a 300 Whisper AR upper couple years back.
    anyhow back when the encore first came out i bought mine with a 7mm-08 15" barrel. there where a few issues with it since they had just come out but t/c was great and took care of everthing. then i started getting misfires. it didn't matter what ammo i used. took it to a smith that said the chamber was cut too deep. t/c replaced the barrel. then it started happening again. t/c swapped out the barrel with a .308 at my request thinking maybe they had a bad batch of 7mm-08's. well i started having misfires on the 308. turned out the problem was the hammer extension i installed was hitting the bottom of the scope because the spur was cracked and bent upwards. t/c replaced the hammer and told me no more extensions or the next one was on me. after that no more misfires.
    now i have to add i really missed the 7mm-08 barrel. i was getting 5 shot groups at 200 yards you could cover with a quarter using hornadys ballistic tip ammo.
    the frame has been back to t/c a few times for repairs / modifications, one of which was the installation off a swing hammer that solved my problem with extensions.
    so now i'm shopping for 7mm-08 ammo... :)

cajuntec

Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    I feel like I'm at an AA meeting or something.... Here goes:

Hi, I'm Glenn, and I recently purchased a new stainless steel Pro-Hunter reciever, stock, and forearm. After that, I purchased a 7mm-08 barrel. Then a 25-06 barrel. Then I found a deal on TC's site and purchased another new stainless steel Encore, this one with a engraved receiver and laminated wood thumbhole stock in grey/black. Now I'm looking for more barrels, scopes, forearms, another thumbhole stock for the original Pro-Hunter. Then pistol grips and forearms. Then pistol barrels. Then... Agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me please! I've got "Encoreitis" and I can't stop!

All the best,
    Glenn

uncle Joe

Dec 11, 2009
    Azle, TX
    First Post...

Deleted due to not having posted 25 times per the rules..............sorry about that. I'll read more rules. Read more posts. Get more familar with this forum before participating. Enjoyed everything I've read so far.

I have a Contender, circa 1985. Barrels for .22LR, .223, .30-30, .44 Mag, .45/.410, and a .44 Mag barrel re-chambered by SSK for .444 Marlin.

All are 14" except the .22LR and .45/.410. I have found .223 Rem ammo is much more accurate and, at times, have had stiffer openings with 5.56mm. There's a pretty big difference in muzzle blast with 5.56 vs .223.

The .444 Marlin is awesome on silhouettes and can regularly smack steel at 200 yrds with about 24" holdover.

Top Bottom