• Heck, I'm drunk now....

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    I grew up with an alcoholic father who would beat anyone who was around when he got drunk, which was the majority of the time. I was a pretty heavy drinker until my wife got pregnant. When she was five months pregnant, it hit me that I was going to be a father and that's when I quit. My daughter turned 16 a couple of months back.
    Capitol Armory ad

Techenigma

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    Salado, TX
    I quit drinking completely for about 6 years to support my alcoholic brother when he quickly racked up four DWIs. Now that I'm four states away and see family only on a once yearly trip back I do enjoy drinking again. But usually have a rough day on the job.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    I quit drinking March 6th, 2010. I was out celebrating moving back home to Texas and did something stupid (DUI). It almost kept me from being able to come home. It dawned on me that I could name you about 1,000 stupid things I'd done drunk, but couldn't think of one smart one. I swore that if I could just get back home, I'd stop for good, and I have. I like going out and not worrying about how to get home. I also like getting up early in the morning and not feeling like I got hit by a truck. Besides, all the money I used to spend on partying now goes towards fly fishing and shooting! :D

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Grew up with a now recovered alcoholic stepfather and I think that has affected my attitude about being wary of becoming one myself. I drank a bunch from the second half of high school till I hit 21. After that I mostly drink for the taste and a bit of a buzz (I can't stand being drunk as I get the spins and can't sleep). I maybe go through 4-10 beers a week at the most. Sometimes I abstain for a month or more. Lately I've been changing my diet drastically and I swear my metabolism changed because of the change to eat healthier. Now anytime I have more than a few beers over the weekend I notice a bit of flab (I'm still pretty skinny overall) shows up. Given that I'm so focused on rock climbing lately I have been weighing just giving it up completely (or at least only for special occasions) as any bit of fat is literally dead weight that just makes things harder when I'm at the climbing gym. Plus it throws my body out of ketosis when I drink which screws up my ketogenic diet.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A close friend was one of my favorite people in Texas! His dance with Mr. Booze began innocently enough. He loved to throw parties and was an incredible cook! I went to many of the parties even though I don't drink but in talking to him later, he had no memory of his drunken antics of the night before. He got totally hammered and drank to a blackout. His behavior got more and more out of control.

Fast forward about two years and he has become a mean ass drunk. His son has bailed on him and won't speak to him. I can't stand him and don't want to be anywhere around him. I saw his Dad at Walmart and he said he was writing his son out of his will. He has been a real turd to anyone around him.

I will be ready to help him if he chooses to clean up. Until then, I won't let him drag my 35 years of sobriety into his personal Hell. It's hard to watch a man kill himself with alcohol.

His huge belly that suddenly developed isn't just fat. The Liver swells up from being poisoned, too. He's speeding down the Highway to Hell.

Flash

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A close friend was one of my favorite people in Texas! His dance with Mr. Booze began innocently enough. He loved to throw parties and was an incredible cook! I went to many of the parties even though I don't drink but in talking to him later, he had no memory of his drunken antics of the night before. He got totally hammered and drank to a blackout. His behavior got more and more out of control.

Fast forward about two years and he has become a mean ass drunk. His son has bailed on him and won't speak to him. I can't stand him and don't want to be anywhere around him. I saw his Dad at Walmart and he said he was writing his son out of his will. He has been a real turd to anyone around him.

I will be ready to help him if he chooses to clean up. Until then, I won't let him drag my 35 years of sobriety into his personal Hell. It's hard to watch a man kill himself with alcohol.

His huge belly that suddenly developed isn't just fat. The Liver swells up from being poisoned, too. He's speeding down the Highway to Hell.

Flash

You would have made an awesome fire and brimstone style preacher.

There are two kinds of drinkers- those who can handle it, and those who give the rest of them a bad name. As much as I enjoy drinking I'm also glad those of you who decided it's not for you have conquered your compulsions.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I wish the poll wasn't anonymous. I wanna find out who was drunk when they took the poll. I wouldn't be surprised if one was me and I just don't remember.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Last drink was on June 16, 2016
    Went to ER for emergency stomach surgery.
    Fine now, but don't miss the alcohol.
    No real reason to start up again ...

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Never took a drink in my life. Half a decade in the infantry, a year stationed in Germany, I've never tasted alcohol, smoked a cigarette, or tried any kind of drug.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Never took a drink in my life. Half a decade in the infantry, a year stationed in Germany, I've never tasted alcohol, smoked a cigarette, or tried any kind of drug.

WOW! That is an amazing feat and kudos to ya! WOW!

Incidentally I'm 35 1/2 years clean & sober.....One day at a time! I owe it all to my Higher Power as I didn't have the sense to accomplish that myself. I humbly say "Thank You" for delivering me from those substances and from the life that goes with it.

Flash

Top Bottom