• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I tried hard to encourage my kids to play when they were in school.
    My youngest daughter learned to play clarinet but she hated practicing at home because I would pull my clarinet out and play with her never looking at the music - that just pissed her off because I can't read music for the most part but can play anything I hear. Same thing with my son's trombone. He forget it one day and I sat down and figured it out - next time he was struggling with a piece I took the instrument from him and played the piece and handed it back and said it sounds like that!!!
    In HS I faked my way through band for almost a year before the band directer figured it out and tossed my out.
    I took lessons for a short time but the teacher hated me because she would turn her back and the next thing she saw was my Ray Charles impression. Eyes closed, head back and rocking back and forth to the beat transposing sharps to flats and flats to naturals and so on - LOL!!!! The sound sounded just the same but that's not how it was written - oh well!!!

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Madmo44mag

Like your set of drums. I Have a Ludwig set. They are put up now. Don't have enough room in this small house we live to set up. Before moving here to Ballinger, I had them setup in Bronte Tx. in a bigger home between 3 sets of speakers, 2 floor standing Cerwin Vegas, 2 Kenwoods and 2 more Jensens in front. Not having enough room was mainly the problem here out in the country. Never played in a band but wish I had of when I was younger.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    I have a bachelor of music degree and got half-way through a master of music degree before I changed course. My instrument was voice, but I have also played piano, french horn and guitar (very little ... the guitar was not little, the amount of playing I did was little.)

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Like your set of drums. I Have a Ludwig set. They are put up now. Don't have enough room in this small house we live to set up. Before moving here to Ballinger, I had them setup in Bronte Tx. in a bigger home between 3 sets of speakers, 2 floor standing Cerwin Vegas, 2 Kenwoods and 2 more Jensens in front. Not having enough room was mainly the problem here out in the country. Never played in a band but wish I had of when I was younger.
    That set I am siting behind is the "Bands" kit - an old set of Apollos. Nice sounding kit for a knock-off Ludwig set.
    My kit is a Mapex Mars kit. It was the last of the Mars style and has the Orin shells - mahogany and birch shell.
    It's a double bass kit but all my toms are mounted on cymbal stands with the bass's on each side. Looks strange but plays real well!

Pawdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Kimble, Texas
    Played guitar for about 36 years now.......Played sax a few years also. Here's a few of my present collections.
    1260399536.jpg

IMG%5D

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, bari-sax, baritone, TUBA, and various percussion...

my mainstay was tuba, i love that instrument, wished i had stayed with it after 10+ years in band...

Yeah I wish I had never stopped playing drums. Everyday now I spend a hour just getting a stick to bounce properly in my left hand.
    Real frustrating because there are certain licks that require single handed 5, 7 or 12 stroke rolls with the left hand.
    Single handed rolls are a bitch to get right anyway but to have to learn it all over again - SUCKS!!!!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I play the bass guitar, but so far only for my own amusement (and as an annoyance to others!). I play mostly classic rock, reggae, and some 70's funk when I really want a workout. Favorite players are Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Bootsy Collins and Geddy Lee. My letter to Santa Claus includes a 5-string Schecter Stiletto.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Thanks Harley. Got a couple more acoustics not in the picture.....Love playing the "Feeling Bad Blues....."
    I got the feeling bad blues today!
    5 hour jam session last night and all everyone wanted to play were fast shuffles, swing and southern rock.
    My knees are killing me today - LOL!
    At one point I stopped playing bass drum cause my thighs were cramping until the bass player noticed so I went for the old 1 beat per bar which drives him nuts.

Top Bottom