• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I had this emailed to me today. Any of our LEO members heard about this, or know if there is any truth to it? -----

A note from Michigan Police......................
    Please pass this along to everyone that you have on your e-mail list because this is just the beginning if this arrogant, egotistical, super liberal, president wannabe gets into office....

To all,

I have read all of the emails from not only some of the MTOA board members, but from other Law Enforcement & Military personnel about Barack Obama's rudeness and what seems to be disgust for basically anyone in uniform. Well, it's my turn to add to the list of emailers and here it is:

So members of the Calhoun County Sheriff's Department, Michigan State Police, (me included) and other local agencies inside
    CalhounCountyare working with Secret Service in the security of Mr. Obama. Mr. Obama's bus arrives in Battle Creek and pulls into the stadium area. Before Mr. Obama exits the bus, he has the Secret Service get off and tell all Law Enforcement personnel in uniform that they now have to stand behind the bus so Mr. Obama is not seen with anyone in a Law Enforcement uniform before he gets off or while in the public view. So, everyone from Michigan State Police, Sheriff's Deptments and other agencies look at each other for a brief second, go and stand behind the bus out of sight so Mr. Obama does not have to see, or been seen with, what to him is 'undesirables' since he refuses to been seen or even acknowledge Military or Law Enforcement personnel in uniform. And he wants to be our commander-in-chief!

At a time of war and terrorism in our world, this presidental candidate who is being protected by various branches of the military & law enforcement at the tax payers expense, refuses to acknowledge, be seen with, have in his photographed background, any type of Military or Law Enforcement in uniform.

But this is not in the headlines or in the news or on TV. The TV news doesn't show us marching around behind the bus. In the future, look and see if you can see a single soldier or police officer in uniform when you see Obama. Why? I wonder what the story or media frenzy would be if it was Muslims, blacks, whites, Jews, or any other race, gender, religon, and/or occupation, that Mr. Obama refused to be seen with or have around him.

Why would I make this up? Everyone in Law Enforcement knows we have traditionally had more funding under Democrats.

Just food for thought leading up to November 4th.

Jason Kern
    Michigan Tactical Officer's Association
    MichiganState Police
    Executive Board Member
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Honestly, it sounds like just yet another tactic in creating "appearances". What I mean by that is, I don't know if the reason was disgust of LE personnel by Obama as much as simply yet another thing to try and make him look that much "stronger". By that I simply mean, the media and people there would see him getting off the bus with relatively few people, looking "strong" and "proud", as opposed to being surrounded be LE and possibly not looking quite so strong. In campaigns these days, there are whole groups of people that actually sit down and plan for even the smallest appearances and aspects, just to subconsciously trick people in various ways.

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    Michigan Tactical Officers Association - Officer Jason Kern's Email about Obama
    The above link is the MTOA's response to your question. While the response basically says that the officer was not representing the association in that letter, it does not discount the officers statement.

09/29/2008

As the President of the Michigan Tactical Officers Association, I send you my sincerest apology for any misunderstandings of Officer Jason Kern's email may have caused. Officer Kern's comments are in no way a representation of the Michigan Tactical Officers Association. The MTOA is a non-profit organization that provides training and resources to the tactical community in Michigan. We do NOT get involved in politics.

I was not in attendance at the event in question and can not speak about what transpired there. The MTOA does not get involved in politics; we had absolutely no representation at that event, or any other political rally. Officer Kern was on-scene at the event representing the police agency he is employed with; he was NOT representing the MTOA.

The email in question was NOT an official MTOA correspondence.

Timothy Liess
    President
    Michigan Tactical Officers Association

Top Bottom