• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I finally made up my mind and I am going to get an XD 45 as my first ever handgun.

I was just curious to see what others do or don't do to their XDs and what kind of setups are possible with XDs.

Heck I would like to know what kind of customizations if any are available.
    Target Sports

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    XD_960x500.jpg

onac255 as you know I have the XD40 .I am going to be getting one of the new ones with the thumb safety when the tax stimulus gets here.I am also getting a surefire tac light for it.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have had an XD45 Service since they came out and it is one of my most shot 45acp guns. I changed the factory sights out with the TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic's and bought a custom holster from Gary Brommeland to carry it IWB. I highly recommend them. I have yet to find anything that this gun does not like to shoot and shoots just about any 230gr. round to point of aim.......every time. While out of the holster playing the home defense role it wears an X2 to light up anything that goes bump in the night.

MAXCONV.jpg

XD45wLIGHT2.jpg

Is it accurate......you be the judge!!!
    XD45Target.jpg

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Thanks for everything fellas and thanks for the pics Tex45ACP. I am glad that its a great "all-around" gun but it is an excellent choice for my first handgun.

Do you guys know anything as far as trigger jobs, guide rods, and other "upgrades" for that matter? Or is the XD pretty much fine as is?

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I just bought a XD40 yesterday as my first handgun. My friend has one and I really liked shooting it, so when I got enough money, I convinced the wife to let me get one. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully within the next few days.

Tim the Teacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    XD40sc for as my weapon of choice on Saturday and my wife has an XD9sc as her EDC. Both owned for over a year and extremely reliable on range days.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    XD9

I bought my wife an XD9 just the other day (Mother's Day actually) and shot it for the first time yesterday. That thing is great! We put about 200 through it without a hint of a problem. My wife actually shoots it better than I do but I'm quite ok with that. Now I'm gonna have to save up my pennies for the new XD-M.:mad: Just when I thought I bought the last one for a while. Oh well. Here's a pic of mine.

guns 005.jpg

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    lol...wow it almost seems that the XD-9 and XD in .40 S&W are more popular than the XD-45. Am I missing something here? Or is it just the caliber that turns people off?

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I bought the 9mm for her because, while she likes my Sig p220 .45, she expressed the want for a lighter caliber with less overall weight and liked the higher capacity of it. Plus 9mm is cheaper to shoot for fun. I too thoroughly enjoy my P220 but only fired one 8 round clip through it last time out shooting. However we put 200 rounds through the XD9 and another 300 through the even cheaper Sig Mosquito .22lr. Plus the XD9 was a steal at a local pawn shop and still had factory grease and barely any signs of firing. I had to take the chance on it and am glad I did (at less than half the price of new how can you not?) as it is a straight shooter with almost no recoil which means quicker more accurate 2nd shots(or 3rd or 4th). That and first time out with it and she put 16 shots in a 4" circle at 25ft. She did it 4 times! Plus she said it was the best Mother's Day yet so I scored some points there.;)

Personally I would not be hesitant to buy the .45 if that's what I wanted but I'm currently looking at getting the new improved XD-M which is a .40 cal.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I don't do anything much with my service .40 except shoot it ... it's a wonderful weapon for the price, far more accurate than I am, always goes bang -- it's the gun I take to classes and got my CHL with, can always count on it ... don't mess with perfection ...

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    do all your targets look like that? like targets from other guns?

Are you asking me if these targets were made by another gun??? If so, the answer is no!! I do use the Shoot-N-C covers for just about all my guns. Sure makes it easy to see the holes clearly. Especially for these aging eyes.

I do have Shoot-N-C targets from many of my guns though:
    Hard Chrome BHP
    HDCROMEBHP.jpg

Blued BHP
    BLUEBHP.jpg

3" GP-100
    W145ST15.jpg

more GP-100
    MH158JHP15.jpg

how about a Taurus PT-145
    TaurusTarget.jpg

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    onac255, a lot of people like lighter recoil.I got my wife the XD 40 and now she shoots that Rock 45 I showed you.The 9 and 40 are also more accurate.

Top Bottom