Capitol Armory ad

Anybody else watching the (AG) Barr confirmation hearing today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    So far I am liking this guy. No mo mealy mouth like we had with AG Sessions. The guy is very sure of himself and forceful in his answers. Your impressions?

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Very impressed.

He seemed determined to demonstrate quite vigorously that he is above partisan politics.
    I particularly liked his message that at his age and at this phase in his career it is impossible to hurt him politically.

I find him refreshingly above the fray and devoted to enforcing the law of our land.

It's telling and encouraging that both FoxNews and CNN seem to say little or nothing negative. Fox is a little bruised by his staunchly saying that he would support the the Mueller investigation fully through to its conclusion. CNN republished Sen. Hirono's allegation that he may be untrustworthy because he is a Trump appointee. Nothing dramatic in the reporting.

However the news networks spin it do not form an opinion without reviewing Barr's actual elocution.

He is impressive. I think he is sincere and honest and a good man for that post.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Barr stated during hearings on his previous Attorney General confirmation in 1991 under President Bush he stated, "On the assault weapon front, the proposal before us is the DeConcini amendment. And I think ... I would support both the Brady Bill waiting period and the DeConcini [semi-auto ban] amendment, provided that they were parts of a broader and more comprehensive crime bill that included ... very tough provisions on the use of firearms in crimes and illegal purchase and trading in firearms..."

Barr did express a preference for magazine bans: "I would prefer a limitation on the clip [sic] size."

You can see Barr's remarks at the 1:42:23 mark in this C-Span video.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He is also very antigun. He supported semi auto ban, magazine capacity controls and will not commit to not opposing Red Flag laws. Look up his history

He said today:

The attorney general nominee continued to speak about gun policy under questioning from Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.). Barr said while the right to own a gun is protected under the Second Amendment, “there’s room for reasonable regulation” on firearms laws.
    “What I would look for is . . . what’s the burden on law-abiding people, and is it proportionate to whatever benefit in terms of safety and effectiveness will be conferred?” Barr told Cornyn. “As I said just a moment ago, let’s get down to the real problem we’re confronting, which is keeping these weapons out of the hands of people who are mentally ill.”

Not Fienstein-extreme but not a constitutional-carry sort of guy either.

Sure do not get a hint that his confirmation will be a battle.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Let it happen.
    It's AG. He can and will be removed soon enough.
    Give the Middle ground and some dems a bone.
    That'll make Ginsburgs replacement confirmation go a little smoother. Chess, not checkers.

Vaquero,

I fear that you're 100% WRONG. - Replacing RBG will be a WORSE MESS than Judge Kavanaugh's hearing/"3-ring circus" was. = Whomever replaces RBG will be a CONSERVATIVE & will obviously move the SCOTUS farther to the RIGHT. The MORON LEFT will be HYSTERICAL with unthinking rage & will insanely OPPOSE the nominee, no matter who she/he is.
    (A really GREAT thing, imo.)

My guess is that the nominee will be accused falsely of every thing from virulent RACISM to CHILD MOLESTATION.
    REMEMBER: To the IDIOT LEFT, truth isn't important.
    (Only "the seriousness of the accusations" & WINNING is important to those LOONS.)

yours, sw

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I vote: Don’t give an inch.

Trump can and should do better than Barr. He got Trump’s attention/support because he supports a strong ‘executive branch’ (Presidential power). He’s no friend of the 2A. GOA sent out one of their ‘Take Action’ emails today, in opposition to Barr.
    26b83dc174c314e9d955716ba801fa22.jpg

Attachments

• 26b83dc174c314e9d955716ba801fa22.jpg
      26b83dc174c314e9d955716ba801fa22.jpg
      88.9 KB · Views: 301
    Last edited:

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Let it happen.
    It's AG. He can and will be removed soon enough.
    Give the Middle ground and some dems a bone.
    That'll make Ginsburgs replacement confirmation go a little smoother. Chess, not checkers.

The tact you propose is fatally flawed. The anti-gun agenda does not play chess, nor do they play checkers. They are an ideology that knows no middle ground. No amount of giving them middle ground or a bone will pacify nor appease them. Nothing short of their total and unequivocal achievement of their goal will be acceptable. Since 1968 I have watched the shooters, gun people (call us what you will) given ground, a bit here and a bit there with the theory, that eventually the anti-gun masses will be happy. In those 50 years, it has not.

Whomever Trump (should he have the opportunity) selects to replace Ginsberg is going to make the Kavanaugh Senate hearings look like a shoe-in. Look to the history of this fight to understand the future.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The tact you propose is fatally flawed. The anti-gun agenda does not play chess, nor do they play checkers. They are an ideology that knows no middle ground. No amount of giving them middle ground or a bone will pacify nor appease them. Nothing short of their total and unequivocal achievement of their goal will be acceptable. Since 1968 I have watched the shooters, gun people (call us what you will) given ground, a bit here and a bit there with the theory, that eventually the anti-gun masses will be happy. In those 50 years, it has not.

Whomever Trump (should he have the opportunity) selects to replace Ginsberg is going to make the Kavanaugh Senate hearings look like a shoe-in. Look to the history of this fight to understand the future.

Yup.
    They say the seek compromise, but they really demand concessions and give nothing in return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yup.
    They say the seek compromise, but they really demand concessions and give nothing in return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pronstar,

100% CORRECT. - Trust a LEFTIST anti-gun MORON as much as you would a poisonous snake to not strike the unwary.

yours, satx

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    He also claims to be a friend of Mueller and vouches for his character. Claiming Muller would not be involved in a witch hunt. Will be watching during his tenure. He is still a Washington insider like Sessions. right now to me he is a ?

Top Bottom