Guns International

Anybody else watching the Isle of Man TT 2018?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Those guys are nuts!
    Ian Hutchinson: This is why TT riders are not like normal people
    By Tom Rostance, BBC Sport
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/44083363

Friday, 9 June 2017 -
    A blur. Impact. Shock. A familiar crumple of leather and bone. And then panic.

Ian Hutchinson, with a mantelpiece full of trophies but a body full of pain, is back lying in the middle of the road.

He doesn't know why he's crashed, but he knows that his leg is badly broken. Again.

Ian Hutchinson, with 30 major operations already behind him and with 50 hours on the operating table already in the tank, knows he's now got more to come.

But first he's got to get out of the way.

Ian Hutchinson, who came close to having a foot amputated after a 2010 crash which shattered the same leg which is now twisted at a sickening angle, has just seconds before the next motorbike racing the famous Isle of Man TT course comes past at over 100mph.

He levers himself to the roadside despite having a visibly shattered femur, narrowly avoiding the fast arriving Norton of Dave Johnson.

His storied career could have been ended on that sunny Isle of Man afternoon. But instead, after another gruelling year of recovery and rehab, Hutchison will go for a 17th TT win this weekend.

Why?

Because, in his own words, "Life's made for a challenge, isn't it?"

More at link above.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    I do but it really hard to keep up when they do the staggered starts. And they are crazy fast for where they are riding. I wonder how they would do on some of the MotoGP races? I would assume they hold their own on any track.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have TV... but I will watch Youtube highlights. Greatest show on earth.

Man and machine is so in tune. Favorite footage is helicopter chasing along the coast. When they zoom out and you realize racers are traveling miles in the matter of seconds. Blows my mind.

Does anyone know the purse for the winner?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Wow...36K usd to win.

Noooooo thank you.

I was gonna say (before I looked) that they make practically nothin and do it for the prestige and sponsorship's that follow.

IMG_0736.jpg

Top Bottom