• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I dropped my S&W 586 at the deer lease, but it only landed in the soft dirt and only needed a good cleaning afterwards. I also dropped a Remington 270 out of my buddy's deer stand. Well it was more of a rickety platform than a stand. The floor was nothing more than a bunch of 2x4's that were 3-4 inches apart. Sure enough, the one time I set it in the corner, so I could get something to drink, it fell through the floor about 5 ft. to the ground. Nothing broke, but I learned my lesson that day, about not going hunting with just one rifle.:mad:
    Target Sports

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    When I was in college I did a lot of prospecting in abandoned mine claims for mineral specimens to sale for beer and food money. We used to rope, crawl, climb and sometimes roll into old adits and shafts looking to get at pillars and such that had ore minerals left in them worth taking. Of course snakes, javelina, coyotes, and feral animals liked to hang out in there too. I had been caring a .32 revolver, but I scored a Inglis Hi-Power, shoulder rig w/double mag pouches, and some other goodies that let me wear the gun and my harness and gear belt at the same time. Problem was the rig was an old Uncle Mikes with velcro fasteners. So after crawling through a partially collapsed adit, I rope up and starting climbing down a wood ladder. Step breaks, I catch myself, but the holster catches the ladder and pops open. So I sit there and listen as my "new to me gun" takes about 30 bounces do the inclinded shaft before crusnching into the muck hole at the bottom.

Being the poor college student I was I climbed on down, recovered it, grabbed some rocks and climbed out. Overall it fair okay. Magazine got jammed in it, busted a grip paner, lost that optimisstic adjustable rear ramp site and had to clear a bunch of mud and dirt from the bore. Still worked after I got it cleaned and looked over by the local gunsmith.

malladus

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I also dropped my Rem 700 2x while at the dear lease this past season. I was adjusting the time on my feeder and leaned the gun on the leg. As I am messing with it I hear the gun fall. Luckily it landed in the grass.

The next day my buddy and I hunt out of his blind. He is climbing in and he hands me his rifle and I have mine in my arms. As soon as I get down handing him his rifle mine goes end over end into the grass. Barrel down. It actually stood up for a second. Needless to say I was lucky I brought my 30-30 with me "just in case".

Peter M. Eick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Houston
    I dropped my carry P7PSP once while holstering it in a hurry. I just rammed it in and released like I did a hundred times before but this time I missed. It hit the floor and left a nasty dent in the floor for years. Did not impact the H&K at all. That steel is tough!

Top Bottom