ARJ Defense ad

Anybody ever line a tank to hold water and some fish?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Wondering if anyone on here has ever lined a tank (pond for watering livestock, not big green/tan thing to drive around and shoot things with a big gun, although that would be fun) to help keep water in and so I can stock it? If so what did you use?

Has has anyone stocked a tank? If so where did you get your fish and what kind of fish did you stock?

On another note, anyone know a good solar well? Of course I want it to work for free, but that probably isn't an option, so maybe the best place to get a solar pump and panel?
    DK Firearms

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I am familiar with ponds (use to build and maintain backyard ponds). Your post isn't exactly clear what you're putting them in or what you're intentions are. How big is the tank? Is this for long or short term? What type of fish are you going to keep? When you're keeping fish, enemy is ammonia. So that is concern # 1.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    The tank is probably 1/2 to 3/4 an acre with the ability to be larger. Want to stock with either Bass or Catwfish, cause I think it might be too small for Bass but not sure. Will be long term permanent and may have cattle some times crazing near by, but but that will be only occasionally.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Find you some bentonite from the oilfield suppliers and mix it into the soil on the pond. Bentonite is basically just a clay. Not sure how much you need to mix into the soil though. Halliburton used to be the manufacturer of it but there is probably others. One of the chemical suppliers for the oilfield could probably answer any questions.

Good luck to you.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Find you some bentonite from the oilfield suppliers and mix it into the soil on the pond. Bentonite is basically just a clay. Not sure how much you need to mix into the soil though. Halliburton used to be the manufacturer of it but there is probably others. One of the chemical suppliers for the oilfield could probably answer any questions.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the info, if it's oilfield stuff then I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    The tank is probably 1/2 to 3/4 an acre with the ability to be larger. Want to stock with either Bass or Catwfish, cause I think it might be too small for Bass but not sure. Will be long term permanent and may have cattle some times crazing near by, but but that will be only occasionally.

Water filled already? Any wildlife in the water already? Plants in the water?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You could probably go to any nearby ranch and get tips. I think most decent plots of land have at least one man-made pond in them.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Water filled already? Any wildlife in the water already? Plants in the water?

Its dry now, fills when it rains but dries up in a few days, why I need to line it. Just a big dry tank, unless it rains. There's an old tire that grew in there that's about it.

Top Bottom