• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Sorry unwashed masses, you gotta be a member to get in.

Saturday, June 9 2018 Swap Meet

The June Member's Swap Meet will be at the Education Building this Saturday, from noon to 3:00 pm.

This popular activity is an opportunity for members to get together to sell, buy or trade things involved in the shooting sports. There is no cost to attend. All you have to do is display your ARC membership badge.

We usually have members who sell firearms and related materials. There are firearms, parts, holsters, a lot of reloading equipment and supplies available. Some bring their favorite firearm just to show it off.

Come out to talk with other club members and see what is available. The Education Building is a good place to gather. Drop by and see what is available.

What will be available depends upon members bring, that is why It is important for you to participate.

Remember to wear your ARC membership badge.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, crap, I'd consider a drive over there if I didn't have to be a member. I've got stuff to get rid of, that's for sure!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Well, crap, I'd consider a drive over there if I didn't have to be a member. I've got stuff to get rid of, that's for sure!
    I'd get you in on my credentials if I could, but my understanding is that it is members only. I can see that because otherwise there would be lots of unknown buyers/sellers out there.

Been a member for 10 years and have never been to one but will probably go out tomorrow. Need to do some shooting anyway. I can take you in to shoot as a guest but not sure I could get you in to the swap meet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I appreciate the offer but it would take me a couple of days to round up all the high-power rifle sight parts, miscellaneous ammo, and other stuff I'd like to part with.

I'm just going to have to buck up, get all my unused stuff together, and be ready with no notice to head off to some good gun show, the Shilen annual swap meet, or a good club meet that will let me in.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    ......but it would take me a couple of days to round up all the high-power rifle sight parts, miscellaneous ammo, and other stuff I'd like to part with.
    LOL! I have that problem also! I could easily buy a couple of really nice firearms if I would just clean out the stuff I don't need/use from my equipment room.

And to make it worse, I will most likely be out there as a buyer, not a seller.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Whatcha got to get rid of Ben?
    That didn't take long. LOL
    FatInsidiousBarb-max-1mb.gif

Blain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Pflugerville
    I've looked at the initial membership requirements of the range and have always went back and forth as to if it's worth it to join. Now that BOTW is having issues, I'm leaning a little more towards becoming a member. I went to the ARC website but it's down. Can anyone give me the rundown on membership? From my past research it consisted of attending class(es) and work days. Also, what's available as far as ranges/ (distances, types of targets, etc.)

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Blain, I just checked and the ARC website is down. A summary, membership is $150/year. Prorated to 1 Jan. There is a $200 initiation fee. Joining gets you 365 day a year access. On the first Wednesday of the month we have safety evaluations at 5:30 at the range. Next is 5 Sept, followed by the class that will go over rules, etc. You do have to do 3 workdays as a probationary member or make other arrangements to do the service. You do need a DPS basic background check or a LTC.

Multiple ranges including the TAC bays. Longest rifle is 200 yards. All shooting is static, no movement while shooting unless you are in a sanctioned match, IDPA, USPSA. However, you can set up multiple targets, do rapid fire and shoot from a draw as long as each shot is an aimed shot. No hip shooting. Targets are paper and some steel with restrictions.

Any other questions shoot be a PM and I will give you my phone number. I am just a member, not an officer, but generally do the safety evaluations.

Top Bottom