• ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Sediment precipitating out is normal.

Oh yeah, I am not concerned about it being safe, hell it has high enough alcohol content to kill most anything. More worried about the sludge bittering the flavor of the clear liquid on top. Will be careful when I drink it, or may just siphon the top off.
    Lynx Defense

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I had an apple pie recipe somewhere, but lost it. I remember it had Everclear 190, apple juice, brown sugar, apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Got one mason jar in the refrigerator left over from a batch I made early last year, good clear color, but a heck of a sludge in the bottom, LOL. Almost afraid to drink it

Sounds like something I wanna try ;) Iffn you ever afraid help you out.

Oh yeah, I am not concerned about it being safe, hell it has high enough alcohol content to kill most anything. More worried about the sludge bittering the flavor of the clear liquid on top. Will be careful when I drink it, or may just siphon the top off.

That's my perspective on any lees that don't get racked out. I rack each batch 3 times before bottling and that looks like it does a great job filtering the mead. I have seen very little of anything in my bottled batches. The alcohol will keep the batch sterile once fermented and stabilized.

I popped the cork on a cherry melomel. It's been aging 18mths (I used bread yeast in this batch so it was hot to begin with). Reminds me of a red wine. Got some adjustments to do on this recipe, but for my second batch ever, I'll take it. It is kicking my tail a little if you know what I mean.

uy14.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Nice, sounds tasty.

I think that apple pie recipe is on an unused computer. I will check for it soon. Maybe time for a new batch, not like it has to ferment or anything. A couple of days and it's good to go.

Top Bottom