Military Camp

Anybody have experience wth a Colt 1991 DA??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Got to look at a new Colt double action 1911 the other day and don't remember any threads on it here.

Has anyone gotten one of these pistols yet?

Anybody shot one?

I am not a particular fan of DAO auto pistols, but found it interesting. If I had a choice I would probably have chosen the Colt Double Eagle from years past instead of one of these new guns.

For those not familiar, it's a Colt 1911 that shoots .45ACP from a regular single stack magazine, had a bobbed hammer, and is double action only. They offer it in a full size and a compact model. Listed under their 1991 Series (Series 80 firing system) guns in their catalog.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-04-at-2.52.14-AM.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Got to look at a new Colt double action 1911 the other day ...
    Did you dry fire it? If so, any impressions?

I was interested in the Colt New Agent DAO that was promised a while back. Even the ones they lent to magazines that normally fawn over everything they report on were reported to have terrible trigger pulls.

Like the New Agent DAO, I've never seen the 1911 DAO.

Oddly enough, I did see, handle, and fire a Colt All-American 2000 back in the day. When I was a kid, there were these toy guns that used the trigger action to cock a spring and shoot a disc. The AA2000 trigger felt exactly like my memory of those toy guns. Silly as it sounds, I actually liked that.

Given the way Colt DAO triggers, historically, seem to have been all over the map, I'm hoping you dry-fired that 1911 and can tell us your impressions.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Did you dry fire it? If so, any impressions?

No, I got the impression that the shop owner did not want me to do so. Look was all I did, did not rack the slide or anything else. However if I had a serious interest in purchasing it, I am sure it would not have been an issue to do so.

If you are interested in looking a them there is one of each, full size and the new agent, at the shop I saw it at. I will warn you it will be a lot cheaper to get it somewhere else than there, they were well over MSRP and prices on the internet. Saw it at Wayside, 2122 Clinton Drive in Galena Park.

Didn't they try this once before with the Double Eagle?
    Yes, stated that in the original post. I passed (probably a mistake) on a few of those last year.

Top Bottom