• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    Not the only early gun I have seen that wouldn't shoot. A new barrel with a different twist and a heavier recoil spring would cure it. Haven't had the inclination to invest the capitol in it. I have kept it because it fits my hand so well. A reliable gun that doesn't jam is better than a super accurate gun that fails to fire when you really need it to. Luckily I have guns that are both accurate and reliable.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Not the only early gun I have seen that wouldn't shoot. A new barrel with a different twist and a heavier recoil spring would cure it. Haven't had the inclination to invest the capitol in it. I have kept it because it fits my hand so well. A reliable gun that doesn't jam is better than a super accurate gun that fails to fire when you really need it to. Luckily I have guns that are both accurate and reliable.

That's why I own the USP Compact, the 1911 is still on break-in. Plus .357 Sig is a peppy round :)

RDM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I'll have to post photos when i get home, but i have a HK USP .40 Variants 9
    its my lovely carry when i go biking

Robbzilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Euless, TX
    I've put about 3,000 rounds through my USP .45. It's one of the pre-internal lock Variant 1 models. I've never fired a pistol that I prefer over it, although I've come close to liking a friend's Kimber as much as I like my USP! I have mine tricked out with tritium night sights and a rougher grip. All in all, it's been a wonderful weapon that shoots lovely groups and makes me sleep well at night!

I almost bought a USC at one point but talked my self into a Colt HBAR because of magazine capacity and bullet ballistics...

I also like ribbing Glock owners. They mention, oh so proudly, that they have a Glock, and I'll say something like"Oh, how cute!" or "Well, if that's all you can afford..."
    They get riled up and ask "Well what are YOU shooting?"
    "H&K"
    ".... oh" end of conversation.

That's usually how the conversation goes... hehehe I really have nothing but respect for glocks, but sometimes those guys need a little deflation. :D

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I love my HK USPc in 9mm. I hard chromed the slide about 1 year ago:

chomer5copy.gif

PhilR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Trophy Club, Texas
    I only have a pic of my USP Tactical 45 (OD Green) so far. I'm bad about not taking pics as soon as I get them. As you can tell from my signature, I have a couple more H&K's and hope to be getting more in the future. I'm still trying to find a good deal on an Elite in .45 and a Mk23. :cool:

HKTactical.jpg

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I am a fan of HK.
    I have five USP's and the HK45 is on top of my next-gun-to-buy list.
    My HK's are USPC45, Tac 45, Expert 45, Elite 9 and Expert 9.
    They are all great shooters.
    My everyday carry is the USPC45.
    Bonus: I saw the link to this forum on the HKProForum and just joined!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just fyi for the vp70 owners:

Wolff Gun Springs

Part # 26121 is what I'm talking about. It's a reduced striker spring. It's supposed to significantly lighten the trigger to a bearable amount. I have not tried this myself, though judging by what I've read on HKPro some people have had mixed results. Some people seem to have used this spring for years with no issues, while a few people had issues with light primer strikes. Just beware that, any time you are reducing the weight of a striker spring or hammer spring, light primer strikes are that much more likely to be a possibility. Because of that, if you are using the gun for self defense I would recommend putting plenty of ammo through the gun to verify whether you actually get any light primer strikes. For just $3.49 for the spring though, it's a relatively cheap mod to attempt at least.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I don't have any pictures as of yet, but along with my Kimber 1911 I recently added an Expert in 45 with an M-2 tac light and two 10 round mags and two twelve rounders as well.

For deals, I'd say to keep your eyes on auctionarms.com; gunsamerica; and gunbroker.com. I've bought off of all three and as long as you ask plenty of questions and know what you want and a bit about it, as well as a price range...with some patience, you'll find what you want. I bought the Expert (came with two ten round mags) with the M-2 and two twelve rounders in Excellent Condition, lightly used for $1100 shipped to my FFL. The Expert and two ten round mags ran $900, but I kept an eye out for several months watching them go for $1100-$1300 and finally found the one that I bought.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I have a USP40. Bought it back when the border patrol went heavy on them, about the 2cd year they were made. First round hits dead center on aim. A 13 round mag from 5 feet puts out a spread a shotgunner would be proud of. Always goes bang though. I like my HK4. Shoots nice for a pocket gun. Had some problems with it until I bough a new magazine.

Better send it back or get shooting lessons

Top Bottom