• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallMeTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Anytime man. Whenever you want to shoot them and you're down in Houston, shoot me a PM and we'll schedule something.

Oh man Cyfer, I'd love to try out some of your toys too. I've been dying to try the G36!! Where are you located in Houston? Where do you usually shoot?
    Texas SOT

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Oh man Cyfer, I'd love to try out some of your toys too. I've been dying to try the G36!! Where are you located in Houston? Where do you usually shoot?

I stay out on the West side of Houston, Katy in particular, and usually shoot the rifles out at American Shooting Centers on Westheimer Parkway.

CallMeTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    I stay out on the West side of Houston, Katy in particular, and usually shoot the rifles out at American Shooting Centers on Westheimer Parkway.

Whoa, I didn't realize you have a Mark 23 too--NICE!!!!!! I've never been to the American Shooting Centers before, but I hear that's an excellent range. Let me know when you're free, I can bring my Desert Eagle, 2 P7s, and USP 9 SD to the table as well :D

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Wow... Thread died?

Oh well. Heres mine.
    dsc00712.jpg

dsc00699.jpg

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    this is my baby HK .45 full size i love it shoots like a dream. i want a threaded barrel for it though.

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
      IMG_1074.jpg
      30.7 KB · Views: 210

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    How are you liking that P30? Me and my lady both looked at one of those after she got tired of how much her P2000SK tears up her hands even with a Hogue grip...

It's one of the best 9mm handguns on the market.

A 9mm handgun shouldn't be tearing up her hands. If it is, it's because it's rotating in her hand. I'd investigate how she grips the gun. My .357 Sig USPc would do a number to your hands when you'd get the least bit of moisture on the grip due to the snappy recoil and HK's lack of real stippling. I think skate tape would have solved the USPc's problem, I covered my Glock 19 in it and it doesn't move at all in my hands, lol.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    XS sights... folks either love them or hate them. Although I don't currently have any on my pistols, I see value. In combat, CQ applications. they are great. All you see is the big front sight and that's really all you need to hit center of mass at 10 yards or so. And you see them right now. But if you want to shoot groups... not so much. My little company does some work for them in Fort Worth, and they are all really good guys.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    It's one of the best 9mm handguns on the market.

A 9mm handgun shouldn't be tearing up her hands. If it is, it's because it's rotating in her hand. I'd investigate how she grips the gun. My .357 Sig USPc would do a number to your hands when you'd get the least bit of moisture on the grip due to the snappy recoil and HK's lack of real stippling. I think skate tape would have solved the USPc's problem, I covered my Glock 19 in it and it doesn't move at all in my hands, lol.

True that and I agree with all of that and I think part of the problem was after talking to her military buddies she was hell bent on getting the P2000SK in 40 S&W so that couled have been a lot of it? I covered my PT111 in grip tape and it really changed the dynamic of the piece... How much did you get your P30 for? Where at?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    True that and I agree with all of that and I think part of the problem was after talking to her military buddies she was hell bent on getting the P2000SK in 40 S&W so that couled have been a lot of it? I covered my PT111 in grip tape and it really changed the dynamic of the piece... How much did you get your P30 for? Where at?

The dual spring recoil system on the P2000SK does a lot to dampen recoil but it's still a .40. That said, most women can handle .40 if the gun fits their hand and they grip properly. Naturally, they weill see more muzzle rise than a 6'6" , 250 lb man would but it still should be manageable.

I think a lot of people (me included) have problems with the standard finger extension on the SK. If you have small hands with thin figers you can squeeze all four on, but it's tight and I don't think makes for comfortable shooting. I took mine off and at first went with a flat floor plate and just griped with three fingers. That, at least for me, was much better. Then I made a grip extension from a Pierce extension that is intended for a Glock G26. (Pierce doesn't make one for the HK) That works great.

PG1_OPM.gif

The other option is to use a USPc mag with the X-Grip adapter. That adds capacity as well as giving a full comfortable grip. Here is a pcture of that, not in the gun though.

P2kSK-OPM.gif

The only deal with that is it makes the gun actually longer in the grip then the P2000, so there is no concealment advantage.

Top Bottom