Anybody in San Angelo Area ?

Thor

Jan 5, 2009
N Central Texas
I MIGHT be moving down there due to a job. (That is, if I get the job). I was kind of wondering what kind of ranges are there, who's a shooter, what the area is like, good places to live, place to avoid, etc.

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
No public ranges that I'm aware of...I'm in Midland/Odessa area...most are going to be private, backyard ranges...like mine. :)
Say huh?

Here's a link to San Angelo Gun Club which is members only rifle/pistol range but has a rather low membership fee at $65.00 + $5.00 new member fee for the first year and $60.00/year after that.

Welcome to the home of the San Angelo Gun Club

And here's the google result for a public range open 7 days a week.

san angelo tx gun range - Google Maps

Never been to either, but it would appear that by the miracle of google there are at least 2 in the area.

Here is a link to the google page that shows several within driving distance. And yes I have lived out that way before and after having to drive to Midland from St.Lawrence to get groceries they are definitely all within driving distance.

san angelo tx gun range - Google Maps

Thor

Jan 5, 2009
N Central Texas
I did Google the gun ranges, there seemed to be half a dozen (maybe less). However, that doesn't tell me which ones are good or bad, (I know, it's a matter of perception), and what kind of "fun" things they do, like IDPA or USPSA shoots, etc.

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
I did Google the gun ranges, there seemed to be half a dozen (maybe less). However, that doesn't tell me which ones are good or bad, (I know, it's a matter of perception), and what kind of "fun" things they do, like IDPA or USPSA shoots, etc.
I hear ya, I couldn't possibly begin to recommend one, it was the statement by AzProtector that I responded too. There obviously are ranges around but I am in the same boat as you as far as knowing their stories.

lunchbox

Apr 12, 2008
i just moved back here

when i lived here before i was at the gun club almost every night
nice place

supercomp9

Nov 26, 2008
I just shot a major Area 4 match at the San Angelo Range and they
put on one hell of a match,, I know most of the action pistol guys,
Fred, Bill, Kenny and Alex & Lolita ( when they lived there)
again Great bunch..

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads