• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Picked up the 499.99 Palmetto AR9, haven't shot it yet. Wasn't an AR fan until I bagged two Tom Turkeys this Spring with my DPMS .223 AR15. I'm mainly a collector and picked up the 9mm for practice and small game/varmints. Yes I said varmints, in East Texas brush country you don't need a 200-800 yard bull barrel as you do out west. Haven't shot the 9mm yet but I'll prolly put a used Redfield 1-4x Scope on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm a fan of pistol caliber carbines in general. For the AR platform I prefer 300BO as it does what I'd do with a 9mm but really expands the envelope usefulness... at a higher cost of ammunition.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I had a 9mm AR pistol.

Meh. It was fun I guess but not really practical for anything.

I have been craving a pistol caliber rifle though and an AR would fit the bill.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I've got one of the Freedom Ordnance FX-9 carbines that Classic Firearms is selling. It's not 100% AR-compatible, but I do have a LaRue MBT-2S trigger in it and she shoots great--both suppressed and unsuppressed. I shoot it either with a Trijicon MRO or a 4x Hensoldt-Wetzlar scope (with the proper elevation dial for 9mm BDC).

Mine has one of the replacement firing pin springs that Freedom Ordnance sent out after some of the earliest carbines had some instances of doubling. Mine works lights out through over 1,000 rounds.

Last edited:

vvllbs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    I've got one of the Freedom Ordnance FX-9 carbines that Classic Firearms is selling. It's not 100% AR-compatible, but I do have a LaRue MBT-2S trigger in it and she shoots great--both suppressed and unsuppressed. I shoot it either with a Trijicon MRO or a 4x Hensoldt-Wetzlar scope (with the proper elevation dial for 9mm BDC).

Mine has one of the replacement firing pin springs that Freedom Ordnance sent out after some of the earliest carbines had some instances of doubling. Mine works lights out through over 1,000 rounds.

Those just came out (the FX-9) was a hard choice between that and the palmetto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom