• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Don't have a clue. A friend says the place is small and not much space for seating.

Looks small...

3183808664_f7dec8e330K.jpg

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    It is small. Inside there are two low counters against a wall and each has five stools and a chair. We went there about 11:30 and it was not that busy so we didn't have any trouble finding a place to sit. They also have two picnic tables with umbrellas outside and they have drive through service. I got a double meat burger with cheese but I didn't get fries or a drink because I don't like fizzy drinks and their fries are thick cut which I don't like either. I was very disappointed in the burger, it was gooey and all I could taste was the cheese. It didn't taste as though there was any seasoning on the meat at all. It kind of reminded me of Sonic except the lettuce was fresher at Burger Boy.

I don't see how it got voted one of the 50 best in the country or even one of the best 50 in the city. I wouldn't go there again unless I was close buy and even then I would probably go to Luther's. It might have been OK without the cheese.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Went there a couple of times just because I worked in the area. Was not impressed with thefood or the pay to refill policy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    When I've driven by Frontier Burger the parking lot looks as if they're busy. Frontier Drive-Ins were around until the 70s when McDonald's arrived in town.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Frontier Burger is good to go!

They will cook the hamburger patty as you like it, add or delete any condiments, the service is efficient, and the price is fair.

Nothing tastes better than a real charbroiled burger made to order that is delivered hot, juicy, and with good fries and a cold drink!

I suspect the current location is a pilot project, deliberately put where it is at Broadway/410 and near the Airport for a good reason: Lots of traffic.

It is well worth the drive no matter where you live in Dirty 'Ol SA.

Be well.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I always wonder how much of such lists is pay to play.

Sometime back my wife used to do reviews for AOL. Back then she was quite honest and for that reason her stuff was used more often than not. Those were some good eating days as I had to tag along and check out the food. At least when AOL did a best of. Someone had actually gone to the restaurant.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I suspect the current location is a pilot project, deliberately put where it is at Broadway/410 and near the Airport for a good reason: Lots of traffic.

It is well worth the drive no matter where you live in Dirty 'Ol SA.

Be well.

Well, that is one of the hardest locations to get to and if the intent as to lure people to it, they've failed.

Secondly, given the number of outstanding burger joints in "dirty 'ol SA," one location isn't going to draw people either.

Lastly, no matter how much praise you reap on them, Frontier Burger is still another franchise restaurant burger that will never compete with the likes of Lord's, Bracken Cafe or any of the many independent burger places in town. It's basically another glorified Burger King (who also has charbroiled burgers) that only got 3.2 stars out of 5 with 75+ reviews, so nothing special as you claim. Actually, the Whataburger two blocks away has gotten better reviews!

I guess some of us just have higher standards for burgers than others!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Lastly, no matter how much praise you reap on them ..."

What did you mean by "reap"?

Be well in your denial of a good burger!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Be well in your denial of a good burger!

There are Whataburgers and In-N-Outs that are just as good, if not better, and are closer. I've yet to find a burger chain place that comes anywhere close to the local joints we have here in SA.

Burger King does charbroiled burgers, it ain't nothing special. But as I said, maybe my standards are just higher than yours..

Top Bottom