ARJ Defense ad

Anyone been to Mouse House east recently?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We lived about 20 mins from Disneyland in CA.
    I used to spend a couple of weeks a year, at least, in the Anaheim Hilton plus at least a week every year at the Anaheim Marriott. For those who don't know, both are about a block directly south of Disneyland.

At the Hilton, I usually had a small room with a large attached conference room overlooking the pool. (I needed a lot of room for my team to work.) It was certainly fun to sit in the conference room with the lights off and watch the fireworks every night. I thought they were great.

After a while I had put in too many really long days and tried many times to get to bed very early. I came to consider the fireworks to be nothing more than the nuisance that knocked me out of bed every night. :)

Side note: I never could get used to that gentleman's club across the street (or was it a block away?) from the park on the SE side. It was a jarring juxtaposition.
    Guns International

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Does she have kids or is she still a kid?
    I have a friend, a young lady in her early 30s, who basically plans her life around her twice-a-year trips to a Disney park. She's unmarried, no kids. She just loves the whole Disney ecosystem.
    That is the most depressing thing I have ever heard of
    She's 30, single, no kids, and very close to her family. She's a Disney nut, loves the experience, and it's not like she's going there alone to replace something that's 'missing' from her life. It's always some combination of family and friends, I'd say she's probably got most of us beat on the having fun scale.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    My youngest daughter loves the Disney experience. By her count she has been to teh various parks over 150 times in the last 15+ years. Me I don't get it, but she loves it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I thought I was a crotchety bastard, some of you party pissers need some help.

I will never cross into California again. When the wife goes I stop in yuma quartsite or stay with the family in Phoenix. It's a shame really, such a beautiful place. For a while I had a 100 dollar 38 special I took incase I had to loose it but eventually shit went too far.

Never been to Florida so I'm going to go once to all the places out there while I still can. It wont be too many years till I'm all but chair bound. 2 back surgeries in 18 months and another later this year. The pain from simple activity gets almost panic inducing and all consuming. I did all the early surgeries to keep working. Took almost 20 years off and these are to keep walking. I tried taking more and more pain meds till I found myself a 350 plus lbs zombie. I'm down to 220 or so and a very low dose of meds. If you rotate between meds you dont have to raise them so that's what I've been doing.

I can walk long enough to shop sometimes and try to maintain weight but I need my scooter for anything more than 15 or 20 minutes or multiple days so were going now while we can before she puts me down and finds some 20 year old dot com millionaire to live off of.

So that's why were going. Savvy.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Don't forget about Universal studios right down the street . I Think you can make reservations now for the Disney restaurants at least we did with the meal plan

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Were going to Disney World...
    Why would anyone give the devil mouse money?

I still can't wrap my head around putting kids on leashes, and I actually had a runner....
    I don't even like putting my dog on a leash. If they run off they weren't really yours to begin with.

My grandson is a runner... my daughter isn't really impressed with my philosophy on that, but I haven't lost him yet :laughing:

Gantt charts and a critical path analysis are optional but recommended. :)
    I do that shit on a daily basis so that I can afford to go places where I don't have to do that shit.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Why would anyone give the devil mouse money?

I don't even like putting my dog on a leash. If they run off they weren't really yours to begin with.

My grandson is a runner... my daughter isn't really impressed with my philosophy on that, but I haven't lost him yet :laughing:

I do that shit on a daily basis so that I can afford to go places where I don't have to do that shit.
    Still blows my mind that you are a grandfather.

kp321

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Tuscola, Texas
    We went between Christmas and New Year, bad timing! The only time the grandkids could go so we just gritted our teeth and braved the crowds. We didn't do much outside of the fast pass reservations, most wait times were 1-2 hours. By the way, get the phone app that has maps and wait times, also shows your location which is really good at night.
    At the Hollywood Studios there was a uniformed cop out front warning people that pocket knives would be confiscated, nothing similar at the other parks though. Fortunately, I didn't have my Swiss Army with me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Still blows my mind that you are a grandfather.
    :laughing: me too

When I was visiting them for Christmas he mentioned to me that he wants to goto the woods... There's a little sliver on the backside of my property that hasn't been touched by a person in probably 100 years. I figure I'll have him help me bushwhack a trail down to the creek next time they come to visit. More fun than any theme park.

Top Bottom