• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbo1965

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Recently, in the Houston area there have been two kidnappings, and both being women. One was kidnapped in Northwest Houston and found a day later with a gunshot to the head in a ditch. The other has been missing for about three weeks now and still no signs of her. My wife just recently asked me to get her a stun gun, and my question is it leagal for her to have a stun gun in her purse, and what other laws are out there in the state of Texas about stun guns. Anything, and any info would greatly appreciated.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    She should not have a problem unless she commits a crime with it.Contact your local LEO office and ask about the laws.My wife carried one until she got her CCL.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Robbo,
    Not to be disresprectful, but one shot gadget or a gun with 5+ shots. . . . . . .

Actually you can get the kind that fires projectiles now. After 1 shot you are down to "drive-stun" only. That means touching them with the taser. So you'd be within arms length of the BG. The ones I've seen are about $350. But they aren't magic wands, You still have to make a good hit on the BG.

I agree with TX42, might aught to go with a firearm. You can practice more realistically with a handgun.

Gonyea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    MCB Quantico
    Stun Guns are a great Less than Lethal weapon for Law Enforcement (What happens after she stuns him what if she misses what if there are multiple assailants what if it doesnt make good contact) keep in mind Cops haven't abandoned there firearms for stun guns for a good reason. Just go the extra mile and a CHL and her a nice little 380 or something to that effect. Heaven forbid something happened but if it did you will be very thankful she has a heater to protect herself

robbo1965

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Not to be disresprectful, but one shot gadget or a gun with 5+ shots. . . . . . .

If you read my post, the stun gun is for my wife. She does not like any kind of gun in any way shape or form. In fact she doesn't like to look at guns and was never exposed to guns except one of my handguns. She would rather let me have the guns and shoot them.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry, but what is the difference between a Taser and a stun gun?

This would be a great excuse to slowly expose your wife to guns. Most people who do not like "to look at guns" have many irrational fears about guns. All I can say is good luck.

robbo1965

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    My wife is not " most people". She was never exposed to gun as a child growing up in the Philippines. I had alreadey asked her if she want to get her chl and al she said is that she wanted a stun gun instead.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Sorry, but what is the difference between a Taser and a stun gun?

This would be a great excuse to slowly expose your wife to guns. Most people who do not like "to look at guns" have many irrational fears about guns. All I can say is good luck.

Google for more info. I posted a link to the TASER home page. Stun Guns don't shoot barbs. Stun Guns are cheap. Stun Guns only hurt in the immediate area where you touch them

TASERS are effective.

Top Bottom