• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Odd question but anyone live with tremors? Anyone have any remedies? Visit to the doctor a while back resulted in testing but nothing conclusive. It’s gotten worse lately and is effecting my ability to use handguns effectively. Rifles I’m ok with still but off hand issues can flare up.

A coworker told me to reduce the carbs and sugars. A lot of our diet is filled with junk that isn’t really good let alone actually food.

I need to figure out what’s wrong but until then just seeing what y’all think.
    Venture Surplus ad

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Odd question but anyone live with tremors? Anyone have any remedies? Visit to the doctor a while back resulted in testing but nothing conclusive. It’s gotten worse lately and is effecting my ability to use handguns effectively. Rifles I’m ok with still but off hand issues can flare up.

A coworker told me to reduce the carbs and sugars. A lot of our diet is filled with junk that isn’t really good let alone actually food.

The Baylor College of Medicine's "Movement Disorders Clinic" at Texas Medical Center in Houston is the World's best. It is part of their Department of Neurology. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I'm a retired UTMB / UTHSC-Houston & LSU Med Neuroradiology Faculty Physician. Your Family Doc could send you.

leVieux

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    I currently live in Cali... ... ... :D
    :p

IRL: My mother does, and I noticed if I overdosed on coffee, I got more shaky at the range, especially with shooting .357 Full House. :)
    I guess it is hereditary, so I am going to have to get some scopes... Irons sights MIGHT be my troublesome-future...

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Feel good this morning. Shaking isn’t as bad but I still shake. No coffee this morning. I stopped eating bread and I feel better just from that. Last night I ate meat and peppers and it was much more filling.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    For your Tremor problem...

gummer.jpg

Kidding.

Try laying off the caffeine, cut out the sugar, and start exercising the limbs that shake.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    My Mom has what the neurologist calls " static " tremors. They go away when she uses her hands and can become very severe when she is just sitting.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I had problems with hand tremors a few years back (was diagnosed with Essential Tremors by a neurologist). My wife did a lot of research and found CoQ-10 to work well in many cases. I've been tremor free for over 5 years now.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I had problems with hand tremors a few years back (was diagnosed with Essential Tremors by a neurologist). My wife did a lot of research and found CoQ-10 to work well in many cases. I've been tremor free for over 5 years now.
    I’ll look into that

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feel good this morning. Shaking isn’t as bad but I still shake. No coffee this morning. I stopped eating bread and I feel better just from that. Last night I ate meat and peppers and it was much more filling.

Any "tremor" demands proper investigation, as all are not benign. You need to see a Neurologist ASAP. Tremors could be indicative of many different things. Do not wait 1

leVieux

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

You are asking a serious medical question to a bunch on a gun forum. This demands evaluation by a neurologist. My dad died with Parkinson's.

Top Bottom