Guns International

Anyone Dealing with a Polar Vortex Freeze Homeowner Claim with Allstate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    It looks like Allstate has been calling out the C team from several states away. The adjuster I was dealing with had no clue and had probably never dealt with anything larger than a broken windshield. She said some things that were extremely unprofessional and I asked for her to be removed from the claim. I hope everyone else is getting decent service

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Back when I was investigating accidents if the party at fault had allstate I figured the other one was getting screwed. What was funny was when both had allstate.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I cancelled my policy for both auto and home and am negotiating the settlement now. I basically rejected their settlement offer, made a counter offer of about 7% more and told them if they don't accept I will bring in a third part to negotiate. Their offer was ridiculous but I have resources where I can get the work done at half of market so I can accept a lot less than the contractor estimate and Allstate's computer driven estimate.

Either way, the entire Allstate disaster program is run by a bunch of 30 year old women who would not know a shark bite fitting from Shinola

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can remember many years ago, when insurance adjusters actually had some hands on experience in the area of doing claim investigations. I saw the shift towards younger people that had never in their lives actually have any hands on experience in the areas they were evaluating claims.

Managing several auto collision shops over the years, doing repair estimates, I learned that adding supplements was a necessity in order to get paid for the work done to a customer's vehicle.

I remember once, an adjuster allotted 2 hours for frame repair. I submitted a supplemental claim for 14 more hours of frame repair. An adjuster who had actual experience working in a body shop, or doing frame repair would know it took almost two hours just to set up a vehicle on the frame machine!

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The shift from using experience snd hard copy reference materials to computer programs that operate based on localized RS Means snd similar databases has dumbed down the afjustment process. Basically, these adjuster want a contractor to do the work of identifying scope, inventory and measurements and then they simply plug those into the program and come up with the estimate. The adjusters themselves have never been in the field and only know what the computer tells them. For large or total losses they still have a core of experienced adjusters but they are outnumbered probably 10:1 by the gun chewers.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You are being generous to Allstate.

I had em. An Allstate car totaled by car

Their adjuster literally told me nothing good comes from a total loss.

I told him so I’m not in good hands?

He didn’t respond.

I’ll NEVER file a claim again. I’m using a lawyer.

Top Bottom