Target Sports

Anyone else get random phone calls constantly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    anyone else always getting random calls with no voicemail, or with recordings? It's local and out of state numbers.

It's seriously driving me crazy i don't answer and I block every single number I don't know and they still keep coming, up to 12-14 some days. I don't have debt anywhere so it's not collectors calling and I'm on the do not call list.
    Texas SOT

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I don't get them on my main cell, but I will get some (not 12 to 14) every so often on my land line and a burner phone. consequently, those phones are also the only numbers I give out to anyone not family.
    Blocking numbers has helped some but is getting to be useless as calls are being routinely spoofed. Blocking whole area codes and prefixes might help you, unless you get a lot of legit calls from all over, then it would probably hurt.
    The do not call list is a joke. Just another place for spammers to add to their own database.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've probably got more than 100 calls on my landline phone. If they don't leave a message, I delete them. If I get a message on my cell and don't recognize the number, I delete it. If they don't leave a message I delete it and block the number. Works pretty good so far.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Don't answer them. Report the ones that call to the do not call registry reporting list. I used to get 10 a day, started reporting all of them, and now I get almost none. Reporting them helps authorities track down the source of origin.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    What, AT&T, am I made out of money, LOL?

If you have a phone from Google, it comes with caller ID and spam blocker already built in, or you can get an app like TruCaller.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if you have not added your number to the do not call list you should. At least in my case the numbers went way down and the do not call list did not seem to sell my number to new hacks

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Don't answer them. Report the ones that call to the do not call registry reporting list. I used to get 10 a day, started reporting all of them, and now I get almost none. Reporting them helps authorities track down the source of origin.
    The DNCR is useless. The scammers and robocallers pay no attention to it. Use something that works - get a call blocker with huge storage capacity and use a service like NoMoRobo.com that both creates a registry and blocks said calls to your phone #.

Last edited:

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    One or two a week. Odd thing is when I answer there's no one there 95% of the time. Each one will subsequently be blocked by my phone and the number of these calls are actually dwindling now. But, again I don't answer my phone real fast because it's a pain in the butt to get it out of the holder on my hip! Only thing I can draw fast are my side arms!

Top Bottom