Military Camp

Anyone ever do a vinyl wrap, particularly on a motorcycle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Ah, Road America - miss that place! I'm a bike guy so we'd go for the Superbike Nationals (spectators, not racers). 15-20 years ago we referred to the campground across the street as "the Mad Max campground" because, well, pretty much anything goes as long as nobody's getting hurt :evil: Is that place even still there?

Sure is a lot of good info in this thread. Have been thinking about wrapping the boat for a while, just never thought enough to even ask if it's a good idea, much less the cost and durability. Didn't even consider Plasti-Dip. Thanks to all who have chimed in on yet another opportunity to spend money frivolously!

Oh, and Pucker? Yeah we're gonna need a shop tour thread.

Ok enough hijacking - back to our regularly-scheduled programming.
    Texas SOT

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It's too late to suck up now, the damage is done!

iu

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Ah, Road America - miss that place! I'm a bike guy so we'd go for the Superbike Nationals (spectators, not racers). 15-20 years ago we referred to the campground across the street as "the Mad Max campground" because, well, pretty much anything goes as long as nobody's getting hurt :evil: Is that place even still there?

Sure is a lot of good info in this thread. Have been thinking about wrapping the boat for a while, just never thought enough to even ask if it's a good idea, much less the cost and durability. Didn't even consider Plasti-Dip. Thanks to all who have chimed in on yet another opportunity to spend money frivolously!

Oh, and Pucker? Yeah we're gonna need a shop tour thread.

Road America is a blast!

Regarding boat wrap - I've seen it - and it was years ago...around 2005 a fellow wake boater had a really cool wrap...wraps are not permanent, if you get a few years out of it that is a long time. The more time in the garage and out of UV / Sun, the longer it will last.

I've got a 1,600 sq ft garage mahal at the house, it's REALLY nice...only "toys" that are currently housed there are my '17 Z06, the Grom and my big ole truck...my other toys are at the track in a full-time race shop. It's a SWEEEET place! Especially if you like NASCAR and vintage race cars! We have a plan to run some NASCAR and ARCA races next year - we also run Trans Am / SVRA...I say "we" as a customer, I'm not the owner...but I'm out there quite a bit.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    The only thing I have done a wrap on is my wife's AR-15 that she built.
    I took my time and it took me about 4 hours total to get the holes cut perfectly.
    Got a heat gun from Harbor Freight for about $10, an exacto knife kit from the same place for around $4.

IMG_0977.JPG

Top Bottom