Guns International

Anyone get any new firearms in very recently?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Was debating if I should mention this or not, but there's some screaming deals right now on slides, etc., and frame kits are still available...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    ATF chart on when you can xfer after delay:

https://www.atf.gov/file/61086/download
    Still does not change the fact that V-Tach got a BTD of 4/15/20 for one of his customers.
    And I would suspect that if something came back before 4/15 and he released the gun to the customer, he would be in a world of expensive lawyer.

But that is going on the assumption that the fed.gov would NEVER play dirty.;)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Still does not change the fact that V-Tach got a BTD of 4/15/20 for one of his customers.
    And I would suspect that if something came back before 4/15 and he released the gun to the customer, he would be in a world of expensive lawyer.

Well he is the only FFL I know of who got that. Probably an error. Nobody else is reporting this from the FFL community.

He should have clarified with NICS on the date and demanded explanation.

He should have run another NICS.

eta

I am not saying no FFL is not reporting delays, etc. There are. Volume is up and they are swamped. But no FFL has reported 30 day wait period.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well he is the only FFL I know of who got that. Probably an error. Nobody else is reporting this from the FFL community.

He should have clarified with NICS on the date and demanded explanation.

He should have run another NICS.

eta

I am not saying no FFL is not reporting delays, etc. There are. Volume is up and they are swamped. But no FFL has reported 30 day wait period.

Plenty of threads on other gun forums about this exact issue would seem to say that they are

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As I said in my eta yes volume is up and there are delays. But the 3 day rule is still the law of the land
    What do you think would happen if you released a gun BEFORE the Brady Transfer Date, and later it came back as a denial?
    Do you trust the FBI to not ratfuck the FFL that did it?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What do you think would happen if you released a gun BEFORE the Brady Transfer Date, and later it came back as a denial?
    Do you trust the FBI to not ratfuck the FFL that did it?

99.99% chance nobody would ever know and nothing if I obeyed the law.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So, your legal advice to other FFLs out there is to simply tell the FBI “deez nutz” and proceed with sale after 3 days regardless of the BTD they send?

I do not provide legal advice. I answered your question. As always, I follow the law and xfer 3 days after delay as required by law. Of course I would verify state offices were open as required by law.

Also this would be under jurisdiction of ATF, not FBI.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Governor Abbott:

Late Friday, he also asked all state agency heads “to consider how to effectively utilize telecommuting” so state employees can work remotely. State government, though, must continue “ensuring that essential state functions are provided,” he wrote.

3 day rule in effect.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    x95 from grabagun $1550
    20200319_174039.jpg

Attachments

• 20200319_174039.jpg
      20200319_174039.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 413

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Glad your faith in the fbi to do the right thing is unshakable

Err, I am the only one here pointing out the FBI is not doing the right thing by giving bogus xfer dates.

The rest of you have so much faith you take those dates like Moses coming off the mountain.

You have it 180 degrees backwards.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Err, I am the only one here pointing out the FBI is not doing the right thing by giving bogus xfer dates.

The rest of you have so much faith you take those dates like Moses coming off the mountain.

You have it 180 degrees backwards.
    Let me rephrase the question;
    If you got a BTD 30 days out would you proceed after 3 days?

What if they came back after 7 days with a denial?( I know a FFL that this happened to, proceeded after 3 day, the BTD, and about a week later it came back denied. He was good to go as he let it go on the BTD)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Let me rephrase the question;
    If you got a BTD 30 days out would you proceed after 3 days?

What if they came back after 7 days with a denial?( I know a FFL that this happened to, proceeded after 3 day, the BTD, and about a week later it came back denied. He was good to go as he let it go on the BTD)

As stated 87 times, I would follow the law.

BTD days are not legally binding and you are not even required to enter them on your 4473.

Denial today means xfer next Thursday. I would verify state offices are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday as law requires. Adjust xfer date if not open.

If 7 days later it comes back denied, again, I would follow the law and update the 4473 as required.

Following the law is not hard. Folks should try it.

15RTPlus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Depends where you buy it.
    Stupid Cabela’s and Academy run background checks even if you have a LTC.

The Cabela's where my wife works does not do NICS check if you have LTC.

And yes, she works on the gun line. And yes, she says it seems like there are more delays than usual.

Top Bottom