• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    or are you waiting for Reliant in a couple of weeks?

I got an email with a $2 discount on the Brown ticket but hurt my foot and can't walk so great.

Otherwise I would probably hit both.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I have been to the shows at the GRB a few times and while I always enjoy looking and asking questions and the selection is good, I have always been somewhat disappointed with the prices of the used and new firearms and related items at the shows there and at the Pasadena shows. The way I look at it, if I can buy a firearm at a local gunstore for the same price, or the same item for the same price at a local store or reputable online business, then I would rather get it there because of the added value of service after sale that the local stores offer.

I have been to a couple of shows at Reliant and have been very pleased with the prices and the vendors seem to be more friendly and willing to take the time to answer questions about their offerings. Also, getting to and around and parking at the GRB is a real bitch compared to Reliant.

During the firearm and ammo runs of the last couple of years, the shows at GRB and Pasadena were just bad experiences with outrageous prices on just about everything, and rude vendors. However, I was able to find some really good deals on magazines, performance parts, ammo, reloading components, and a couple of firearms at the Reliant show I went to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Houston
    Went to Brown for the first time, and I was able to find a good deal for a Rock Island Armory 1911. Been going to Pasadena the last two times, but it's just too far for me (I live in NW Houston).

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Pasadena is pretty close for me, so I go there when I have time to kill. Seems like the High Caliber shows are better supported than the others. We did go to the GRB yesterday looking for a mousegun for the MUCH better half. Found a decent price on it and on 500 rounds of ammo for it. Only thing we didn't find was a speed loader that will work with .380. But that can come later.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I'm going. I just cashed a fat check & I'm hoping to find an FN five seven at a good price. Let the games begin.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have to basically agree with Skinman on this. I'm hoping that the high prices and odd attitudes are beginning to subside now that dealers aren't able to sell out everything they carry in.

Top Bottom