• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I am thinking about going as I have never been to one before. I want to know if I can buy shit there or if its going to be a giant show and tell for manufacturers

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Went to one in St Louis years ago and it was great. Like nothing I had ever seen before.

If I remember correctly there was no charge to get in the door if you were a member or with a member.

Pretty much everybody in the gun world is there.

Lots of freebees like catalogs, stickers, patches, etc.

Not really much to buy. It isn't a gun show but you can probably place orders.

Well worth the trip and I would be going if I wasn't heading out of town for work.

Remember, this isn't SHOT Show. This is for the members. They are there to meet and talk to you.

Just go.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I am thinking about going as I have never been to one before. I want to know if I can buy shit there or if its going to be a giant show and tell for manufacturers

Guns aren't for sell in the convention (though private sells outside are possibly a thing), you can buy other things there. Plenty of guns to handle though.

Free to NRA members and immediate family, if you are not an NRA member you can buy a membership at the door.

IIRC on Saturday May 5th there will be in person voting for the 76th spot on the board of directors. I believe Adam Kraut will be in the running, if so please vote for him.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Wife & I and an NRA Lifer friend will be going on Saturday to spend time in the Exhibit hall. Taking the DART Red Line down Saturday morning. Carry is permitted by both the convention hall and the NRA.

VP Pence will be the key note speaker (on Friday) and Gov. Abbot and both Texas Senators are scheduled to be there. (Probably along with a smidgen of protestors, undoubtedly). Dallas cops ain’t likely to be in a mood to put up with any shenanigans - especially after what happened yesterday.

The Dallas Confederate Cemetery is adjacent to the Bailey Convention Center... and guess what? They still have a Confederate Monument there!

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Go!!! I went to the one in Houston and had a blast. If I would have planned accordingly, I would have went this time too. The giveaways/swag alone are worth it, I was glad I had my wife and kid with me. :p

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I went when it was in Houston a few years ago. I really enjoyed it! I would go to this one, but already have plans for that weekend.

If ya'll go, someone please wear this shirt and take lots of selfies with board members ;)
    NRA-Not-Really-Activists_T-shirt-Black_MAC024_800x.jpg

GunConnection

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    We will be there for the weekend and will be closed Friday 5/4 and Saturday 5/5. You
    will recognize our crew by our shirts. Hope to meet VP Pence and Gov. Abbott on Friday.
    Please say hello if you see us.

Top Bottom