DK Firearms

Anyone got a Cannon Wide Body 64 gun safe from Tractor Supply?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I have read so many issues about Cannon safes and getting customer service from them I’d be leery of ever buying one.
    +1

Google, "Cannon electronic safe problems." Then, google, "electronic safe lock problems."

No electronic locks on safes for me- ever.

FWIW, for between $100 and $300 you can probably have a locksmith replace the electronic lock with a mechanical. Probably...

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I prefer electronic locks on safes - a pro showed me how to swap them it out if there was ever a hassle. It was quite easy. I've never had a problem with mine. I wouldn't hesitate buying a Cannon from TSC. 64 gun is a joke though. More like 16.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I prefer electronic locks on safes - a pro showed me how to swap them it out if there was ever a hassle. It was quite easy. I've never had a problem with mine. I wouldn't hesitate buying a Cannon from TSC. 64 gun is a joke though. More like 16.

If that true then I may consider one. Just need to find a resource to show me how it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have had a Cannon from Tractor Supply for 10 years at least. I have the older style mechanical and it has worked fine with one exception. Cannon states, in writing (or did when I bought mine) that they have a lifetime guarantee. It worked fine for a couple of years but one day would not open. I fiddled with it for a couple of hours without success so I called Cannon inquiring about the "Lifetime Guarantee" as it was stated in the instruction manual. I was flat out told that they do not have a lifetime guarantee! We argued but they just lied and lied and refused to do anything. I finally got it open and it's been working for eight or ten more years. But I damn sure wouldn't buy another one.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Damn, maybe I won’t. I bought the Winchester 24 from them many years back and I’ve had no issues at all with it up to this point. Didn’t know about all the issues and it does advertise a lifetime transferable warranty. So much for that.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I have one safe with an electronic lock and find it convenient, but even with security being relative, maybe too much so.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have it's bigger brother from Tractor Supply and like it. For the sale price it is hard to beat.

The built in door organizer is well layed out and handy. No complaints about form or function.

I swapped the combo lock on my older Cannon to electronic so I assume it would be easy to go the other way pretty easily if needed.

Mine weighs over 800 lbs empty and is a whole different ballgame when it comes to moving it.

Like all safes the gun count is a joke unless you only own handguns.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have it's bigger brother from Tractor Supply and like it. For the sale price it is hard to beat.

The built in door organizer is well layed out and handy. No complaints about form or function.

I swapped the combo lock on my older Cannon to electronic so I assume it would be easy to go the other way pretty easily if needed.

Mine weighs over 800 lbs empty and is a whole different ballgame when it comes to moving it.

Like all safes the gun count is a joke unless you only own handguns.
    this.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I looked at the Cannon brand and after reading the reviews it was hell no. I got a Stack-On. Same quality and type of build with the same electronic lock BUT behind the electronic dial is a keyhole. I love the electronic lock but can still get in if it takes a dump.
    Just so you know Stack-on is owned by Cannon . I have a very similar safe with the key. My electronic keypad went out. I called cannon for Warranty service. They did live up to the lifetime waraanty/

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I have a Cannon too, not sure which model, but with a keypad. The solenoid likes to not pop the drawbar locking pawl completely free on the first go, so I near always have to "unlock" it twice. One of these years I'll get bored enough to take it apart and adjust it, convert it to a plug-in 12VDC transformer instead of the 9V battery, or just convert it to a dial -- but for now I'll just enter the code twice before spinning the handle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Have had a Winchester from TSC for years. Electronic lock. No issues at all. The pawl might hand if the handle is cranked when the combo is entered but a quick back and forth and it lets go. Never seemed like a flaw to me, just the nature of the mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SW Guy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Pearland, TX
    Simple but, effective!

Revolution.jpg

Top Bottom