Go or No Go?
    Capitol Armory ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Good Looking little gun in full power 9mm.

boberg_xr9s_shorty_subcompact_pistol_1.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool concept. Take my words with a grain but, from everything I have heard, they apparently have feeding issues and mag problems.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I've been carrying one for the last six months. Ran 300 rounds through one the first day they came in (Dreadnaught Industries is a Boberg Arms dealer, by the way), got bored with reliability and accuracy, and decided to add it to my carry gun rotation.

Ran another 200 rounds of Silvertips through it, and have been carrying it with that round.

From reading the whiny bitch boy comments about the magazines in various forums and magazines, it seems on analysis that the whiny bitch boy's bitchy bitches are because the magazine doesn't have a follower. Well, ****, might as well throw the unreliable POS...wait, what, 500 rounds through two magazines and one gun without a single malfunction? Damn it.

Burned 400 rounds of crappy Winchester White Box through a second gun, two more magazines. No malfunctions. Plate racks and Texas Stars get old with a short pistol with a fat ass front sight, but very functional. Not going to swap my long slide STI for it in competition, but it bounces through a plate rack faster than a Glock 26 and FAR faster than a PF9 or a Kahr K9...at least in my paws.

The other bitchy bitch boy complaint is that they are ammo sensitive. Yep, says that right in the manual. They load backwards off the magazine and can pull uncrimped, or poorly crimped, bullets right out of the case. Pretty cool, actually. I set up some shitbox "can't run a press" loads as test and yep, hey presto, some rather...long...9mm. Fun.

My normal reloads worked fine. I don't buy gun show reloads, so I have no idea what other people's crap ammo will do....but my crap ammo was OK. I still carry Silvertips.

Anyway, I think these are neat little guns. Neat enough that I not only set up a dealer account but carry one. The thing I bitch about is the price...damn, these little bastards are expensive. And I suspect that is the real cause of bitchy bitch little bitch boy's bitching ;)

Alex

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I've been carrying one for the last six months. Ran 300 rounds through one the first day they came in (Dreadnaught Industries is a Boberg Arms dealer, by the way), got bored with reliability and accuracy, and decided to add it to my carry gun rotation.

Ran another 200 rounds of Silvertips through it, and have been carrying it with that round.

From reading the whiny bitch boy comments about the magazines in various forums and magazines, it seems on analysis that the whiny bitch boy's bitchy bitches are because the magazine doesn't have a follower. Well, ****, might as well throw the unreliable POS...wait, what, 500 rounds through two magazines and one gun without a single malfunction? Damn it.

Burned 400 rounds of crappy Winchester White Box through a second gun, two more magazines. No malfunctions. Plate racks and Texas Stars get old with a short pistol with a fat ass front sight, but very functional. Not going to swap my long slide STI for it in competition, but it bounces through a plate rack faster than a Glock 26 and FAR faster than a PF9 or a Kahr K9...at least in my paws.

The other bitchy bitch boy complaint is that they are ammo sensitive. Yep, says that right in the manual. They load backwards off the magazine and can pull uncrimped, or poorly crimped, bullets right out of the case. Pretty cool, actually. I set up some shitbox "can't run a press" loads as test and yep, hey presto, some rather...long...9mm. Fun.

My normal reloads worked fine. I don't buy gun show reloads, so I have no idea what other people's crap ammo will do....but my crap ammo was OK. I still carry Silvertips.

Anyway, I think these are neat little guns. Neat enough that I not only set up a dealer account but carry one. The thing I bitch about is the price...damn, these little bastards are expensive. And I suspect that is the real cause of bitchy bitch little bitch boy's bitching ;)

Alex

Thanks for the comment.
    Looks like a really nice piece to me.
    What was OTD price on one?
    Extra mags available?
    Trigger is nice as they say?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

From reading the whiny bitch boy comments about the magazines in various forums and magazines, it seems on analysis that the whiny bitch boy's bitchy bitches are because the magazine doesn't have a follower. Well, $#@!, might as well throw the unreliable POS...wait, what, 500 rounds through two magazines and one gun without a single malfunction? Damn it.

Alex

Come on tells us how you really feel about them and their 'issues'.......................:D

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

Alex

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Nice shameless plug for your business...

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    Anyone have a drawing or verbal explanation of how this "backwards" magazine works? I think I have it visualized fairly well, but I could be visualizing it wrong. As I understand it, the bullets are still facing forward, but feed out of the back or the magazine and are then pushed forward into the chamber - which is further to the rear than in most pistols. This allows a somewhat longer barrel in a small handgun. I'd love to see a cutaway or animated drawing of the action.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The problem with these is that they cost so damn much. I had three in stock and ended up selling them under cost just to get out from under them. I have no intention of selling mine, and also have no intention of ordering more.

Great guns, and they would be wonderful about...five hundred bucks... For a grand...well, just get two PF9 and a case of ammo from Academy ;)

They do shoot better than any micro-9 I've ever run, but... My main carry gun is a custom STI. This is close to the same category of accurate, reliable, feels great, points well and...crazy expensive. I liked 'em enough to keep one, but...

My bottom line...don't hate on them because they look odd...hate on them because they are twice the price they need to be :)

Alex

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well my Boberg is bo-broken! Took it to the range today to break her in. First 15 rounds went off without a hitch. Recoil is light but she did shoot a little low. I didn't get much chance to mess with it because after the 15th round I had no more trigger. She was just flopping in the wind. Found out the spring had popped out of the transfer bar.

However, the folks at Boberg were very courteous. My gun has a very low serial number (100's) and I was told that there were over 20 design changes since mine. One of which changes the spring mount on the transfer bar. They offered to send me a shipping label so that I may return mine for a complete retrofit. I'm looking forward to getting it back, hopefully in time for Hicksville, and giving her a thorough break in on the pistol line.

More to come,

W

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Thanks for posting up your new Boberg.
    One of these are on my short list for income tax refund time.
    I'm gonna get the all black Onyx version. Of course they charge more for it. :-(

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom