Capitol Armory ad

Anyone have a Glock sight tool or want new sights installed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I've been giving thought to installing night sights on my carry Glock but haven't made a decision yet, especially with sight pusher tools $100+. Does anyone have a sight tool I can rent for a few minutes to install mine?

Or another option I've considered. On other boards, specifically a boat building forum, guys will loan out a specialty tool and only request the user return it to send it on the next person in line. If anyone else needs/wants to install different sights, speak up and I'll buy one for our Houston crew, maybe all of TGT if they play nice.
    Guns International

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I have a sight tool that isn't fancy but gets the job done. Used it on my Beretta and a few of my buddies glocks. Spent $50 on it. Price has gone up a bit since I bought it but so has the features.

http://www.sightpusher.com/

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've been giving thought to installing night sights on my carry Glock but haven't made a decision yet, especially with sight pusher tools $100+.
    I've bought 1 set each for 2 different guns. Both times they were installed gratis by the GS.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I've been giving thought to installing night sights on my carry Glock but haven't made a decision yet, especially with sight pusher tools $100+. Does anyone have a sight tool I can rent for a few minutes to install mine?

Yes I have some vice grips, a hammer and a screwdriver you can borrow.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've "tapped" sights in and out using a piece of hardwood (maple, birch, etc.) cut to fit within the dovetail. A pusher would definitely be better but the wood works and will not deform or scar the sights. Worst case is the wood mushrooms a little but can be fixed easily by it cutting back. If you're going to me putting sights off and on often a good sight pusher would be best. Just my $.02

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    I have a sight tool that isn't fancy but gets the job done. Used it on my Beretta and a few of my buddies glocks. Spent $50 on it. Price has gone up a bit since I bought it but so has the features.

Universal Hand Gun Sight tool - Home - El Cajon, CA

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    wow thanks for that! for a while ive been wanting to get new sights for my XDm... but the cost of new sights + a $100 sight tool would be past $200... and my second choice was get the sights and have a smith do it, but the best price I can find was about $30-$40 = just about $150 all in all including tax. But with this, I can get the sights, this tool, come to what the gun smith option would cost me all together BUT still use this on future pistols I plan on getting

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    A word of caution on XDs and XDms, If you don't have the proper sight tool to do the job, you'll most likely screw something up. Springfield sights are notoriously tight.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Another recomendation is cruse one of the gun shows and find a sight booth. They if you buy sights from them many of the vendors will put them in for free.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    If you're down on the south side of Houston, come by Texas Tactical Gear, I'll install them for $10.00 on a glock, slightly higher for XDs and M&Ps. Free install if you bought the sights from us.

Joat

Top Bottom