• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EmptyWallet

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    I currently have a USP, and have been eyeballing the P30. I've never held one (this weekend will change that), but I keep hearing praises about its ergonomics.

Any have any experience with one?
    Capitol Armory ad

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    The P30 has the best grip of any pistol anywhere ever. Make sure you figure out which trigger variant you are trying out. People have their personal preference. I prefer the Light LEM trigger on the P series pistols.

EmptyWallet

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    That scares me a little. LOL.

Anyone have direct experience with it compared to shooting a USP? I know the USP has the dual spring system...and P30 has the nylon bushing, correct?

I seem to remember hearing about one guy that shot in competitions with his USP....he removed the inner spring. He name eludes me at the moment.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Never shot one but I never pass up a chance to fondle one at a gun show. Yes, as has been mentioned, the grip truly is that good.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    The trigger on the USP is way better. The USP is....bulkier. It feels like a battle pistol that can take a direct hit from a bomb and keep going. The P30 doesn't have that same feel but it is still stupid reliable. The P30 L should have the metal bushing on the guide rod now. The P30 is a great pistol, with very light recoil, and it's even better on the longslide version. Get it, you will love it, I promise. If you really want one, this is an OUTSTANDING deal on the hkpro forum:

WTS: Grayguns P30L 9mm Light LEM (no safety) with Heinies

A P30L, Light LEM with Gray Guns RRCP Package AND Heinie sights? Uhm, yes please. I have the Gray Guns RRCP package on my P2000SK and absolutely love it, it makes a world of difference. If you get this and for some reason don't like it, I will buy it from you for what you paid.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    WTS: Grayguns P30L 9mm Light LEM (no safety) with Heinies

That is a bargain! What's the best way to go about checking out the different triggers? I've owned a USP45CT with the da/sa triggers but have never tried the LEM that everyone raves about. How does it compare to a Glock trigger? They are able to be converted from one style to another, correct?

EmptyWallet

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    Uh, yeah. So...that was a mistake. I held the P30....it feels like a bazillion times better than my USP.

A bazillion x infinity.

I want one. I could not tell a difference in the trigger. This is because I am a noob to shooting.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Lots of guys on the hkpro forum in Texas, I'm sure if you asked one there would be glad to meet up with you. I can promise if you get it, you will enjoy it. And my offer still stands regarding the one I posted earlier.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    I've fondled the p30 many times it just feels PERFECT in the hand...the only thing I found that comes near it is the PPQ
    I've been lusting for a p30 for a year the price has driven me back

Top Bottom